Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How does James Bond still have the spy movie game (gadgets, girls, vehicles and villains) on lock? Not counting MI because that's slightly different

Spy Kids was cool for what it was but ish was like lightening in a bottle, James Bond for kiddies but everything else was a flop - Inspector Gadget, Get Smart, Agent Cody Banks, If Looks Could Kill - flops. How hard is it to stick to a simple formula?

Matter of fact, heist flicks are mostly 1-and-done as well

Started early and set the template

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: Lionsgate trying to buy Starz:

It's gonna get to the point where you can't consider Lionsgate a indie studio anymore.

I don't think you can even consider them an indie studio to begin with, not like Anchor Bay

Lionsgate isnt owned by a major corporation, so it's technically an Independent studio. I guess you can categorize them as a big Independent.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Kevin Smith should've done a film with Dane Cook at some point. He needed that especially at the end of the 2000's

:jbhmm: Speaking of Kevin Smith, makes me wonder how would films like Clerks and Chasing Amy be reverred if you switched the cast with all African-Americans and didn't change any dialogue or mannerisms, sans those :scust: Jersey accents.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kevin Smith should've done a film with Dane Cook at some point. He needed that especially at the end of the 2000's

:jbhmm: Speaking of Kevin Smith, makes me wonder how would films like Clerks and Chasing Amy be reverred if you switched the cast with all African-Americans and didn't change any dialogue or mannerisms, sans those :scust: Jersey accents.

:deadmanny: I actually tweeted to him that I'd love to remake Clerks with a black cast. Keep the same story, maybe with a few wrinkles and see how it would work.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
So now that I'm finally getting around to watching Chi-raq... I'm not feening it. Like I wanted to see it when it was at the show just to support my Chicago actors & what not. Even with all the controversy of how Chicagoans felt it was a mockery of the city. And it kinda comes off like that. The message is there, but holding out on p*ssy is going to solve the issue of unmerciful violence? It's going to make an impact so hard that women will start to do that same around the world???

Then you have the gangs wearing orange & purple(okay neutral colors during filming, sure why not?) I don't think this would have worked out as movie with the way it was done. Maybe it should have just been a documentary. Lastly, Nick Cannon is not a convincing goon is the least bit.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I always wonder how Michael Jackson looked when his perm started to grow out... You know eventually that kitchen started to grow in the back & that new growth started to show in the roots. :russ:

* this is my second post about :mj: this morning, bet soul is showing all his videos at the moment*

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yo!!! I just turned to SNL cause there isn't shyt on & Weekend Update has me cracking the fukk up! I haven't watched SNL in a while, but I got a lot of legit laughs tonight.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If Spike lee had shown that no good traitor get shot in the present at the end of "Miracle of St Ann" after we see why he should of been shot that movie would of went from a 6 to a 7 (or a 7 to a 8 depending on how much of a spike stan you are) just based on viewer satisfaction. I still think that was the movie where his vision went beyond his directorial ability and he hasn't been able to find his lane since.