Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Continuing its push to control every facet of the way people discover and experience movies, ticketing site Fandango announced today that it has purchased both the movie critic aggregation site Rotten Tomatoes and the discovery app Flixster. Fandango picked up the sites from Warner Bros. Entertainment, which in turn will now have a minority ownership stake in Fandango. (Lest it seem like Rotten Tomatoes is finally breaking free of the yoke of perceived conflicts of interest, it should be pointed out that Fandango is owned by NBCUniversal, meaning everybody's still staying within the larger Hollywood family.)

It's the second acquisition this year that's telegraphing larger ambitions on the part of Fandango. In January it bought video streaming service M-GO. That service, while not as high profile as Amazon Prime or Netflix, offers streaming video on mobile apps as well as to Roku boxes and both Samsung and LG TVs, amongst others. (It was also one of the first services out of the gate with 4K video delivery.) Fandango plans to relaunch M-GO later this year under its own branding, potentially staking out a claim as a single service that can provide movies to people all the way from buying theater tickets to streaming at home. Flixster Video, which lets people access their UltraViolet movie collection, is not part of the deal, but will transition its users over to the new Fandango service later this year before closing altogether.

According to the press release announcing the acquisition, Fandango also plans on teaming up with theater chains and studios to provide "super tickets" — and while no details are given beyond that, it's easy to imagine an all-in-one offering that allows audience to, say, buy a ticket for Suicide Squad later this year, and then receive a streaming video copy when it comes time for home release.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Good times, great drama, and the televised kings and queens of comedy. Welcome to http://www.WatchMojo.com, and today we’ll be counting down our picks for the Top 10 African-American Shows.

For this list, the table is open to all your African-American favorite programs, however, for criteria purposes, we are excluding cartoons like The Boondocks along with sketch comedies such as In Living Color and Chappelle's Show.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Monday...I'm going to trade in and try to get rid of of the remaining DVDs that I own...whatever the few they don't take probably just toss. I want to get rid of all of them since I no longer watch any of them

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
On Monday...I'm going to trade in and try to get rid of of the remaining DVDs that I own...whatever the few they don't take probably just toss. I want to get rid of all of them since I no longer watch any of them
Don't toss em breh at least give em to a library or good will or something.

What i did with a lot of mine i was too lazy to rebuy on bluray was use vudu at home disc 2 digital program and upgraded em to HDX copies

@satam55 showed me a trick to get em for $2 instead of $5.

Vudu always gives out $2-3 credits for free so a lot of em were at no cost

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@FlyRy sent me this article and I'm reading it but I figured I'd share this part since it's so fukkin true:

This blind rush to endorse or condemn a film is hardly exclusive to the horror community. The internet has created an arms race of hyperbole in which viewers are determined to be the biggest fans or detractors of films as quickly as possible.

And I think that has degraded our discourse in terms of pop culture, whether it's film, tv, music, whatever. The writer points out that we've had decades to think about Halloween and The Exorcist but we immediately want to canonize or ostracize something new within hours of its existence.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@FlyRy sent me this article and I'm reading it but I figured I'd share this part since it's so fukkin true:

And I think that has degraded our discourse in terms of pop culture, whether it's film, tv, music, whatever. The writer points out that we've had decades to think about Halloween and The Exorcist but we immediately want to canonize or ostracize something new within hours of its existence.

An arms race of hyperbole? Well, if that isn't the MOST absolutely stupidest thing I EVER heard.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What i did with a lot of mine i was too lazy to rebuy on bluray was use vudu at home disc 2 digital program and upgraded em to HDX copies

Yea I just dropped them off at this DVD exchange place while I'm at the gym...I'm hoping they take all of them regardless of how much money they give me back. If they do the only DVDs left will be my Asian horror movies which I will give to goodwill

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Ain't nothin to it, Black Phillip made me do it

20080305-cube.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:myman:Correction: I showed you how to get them for $1 each.