Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Program of this year's IFFR has been revealed, and this might be the most arthousey-ist IFFR in a looooong time. I'm talking 'Anomalisa might be the "biggest" movie of the festival" type arthousey. Luckily there was only one movie I needed to be there (technically two, but MacBeth just leaked a day ago! :russ:) and that's The Assassin, so if I can get tickets to that I'm fukking good. Got a total of ten movies picked out so far, might add more depending on what my schedule at my job is going to be.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I didn't think too much of Mad Max Fury Road when I watched it in the theater...... watching it again though and it's off the chain. Not sure what was bothering me the 1st time around cause now I've seen it 3 or 4 more times on HBO :ehh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Program of this year's IFFR has been revealed, and this might be the most arthousey-ist IFFR in a looooong time. I'm talking 'Anomalisa might be the "biggest" movie of the festival" type arthousey. Luckily there was only one movie I needed to be there (technically two, but MacBeth just leaked a day ago! :russ:) and that's The Assassin, so if I can get tickets to that I'm fukking good. Got a total of ten movies picked out so far, might add more depending on what my schedule at my job is going to be.
Assassin is out on Blu-ray

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Assassin is out on Blu-ray

Not yet it isn't, or it would be all over the web. Just checked and it drops next week, which means it will be soon, but it's not that often one gets to see a movie by Hsiao-Hsien Hou in theaters either, and unlike your pleb self I actually enjoy being able to watch my arthouse movies in theater.:jbhmm:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I feel it's long overdue for a random thoughts for the film room. Here we can discuss things that aren't necessarily thread worthy.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
You're welcome.
1233650645e8c74c46ea96c6f30e4d18db09749c.bmp

:stopitslime:I ain't thank you

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 5 spookiest movies that president Nixon watched in the White House

more info the link above
1) Wait Until Dark (1967)
Of all the films on this list, Wait Until Dark is my personal favorite. Through a series of strange events, some shady guys come to believe that Audrey Hepburn’s character is hiding a doll filled with heroin somewhere inside her apartment. The twist? Hepburn has only recently become blind, and has been trying to adjust to navigating her new life without sight.

2) The Collector (1965)
From the opening scene of the 1965 British movie The Collector, we can tell that something’s not quite right. Frederick Clegg, played by the amazing Terrence Stamp, is collecting butterflies in a field. He looks carefree. He looks relaxed. But he also looks possessed. There’s something not quite right about this man. And we quickly come to learn to trust that instinct.

3) Twisted Nerve (1968)
The 1968 British film Twisted Nerve is the disturbing tale of a young man born into wealth, who pretends to be mentally disabled. Why would he do such a thing? He’s caught shoplifting for kicks and starts a ruse that he quickly realizes can be worked to his advantage with a young woman he meets in the store where he was shoplifting.

4) Man on a Swing (1974)

The 1974 film Man on a Swing was based on the real life story of a supposed psychic who tries to help police solve the case of a young woman who’s been recently murdered. The clairvoyant Franklin Wills, played by the perfectly cast Joel Grey, knows details about the murder that nobody could have known, unless they were either psychic... or at the scene of the crime.

5) What the Peeper Saw (1972)
Of all the movies on this list, the 1972 psycho-sexual thriller What the Peeper Sawis probably the most disturbing. Originally released in the UK as Night Child, the film revolves around a 12-year-old boy, his father, his new stepmom, and questions about whether the boy killed his biological mother.