Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It was my 2nd EVO brehs...much better this time around because of SF6. Got to play Project L. Some of the cosplay was :wow:

Met Sajam dude is hella cool. Basically everyone was. Even when people were losing there was this feeling of just being happy to be there. If you fukk with fighting games EVO is a must attend at least once.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Never play online after a major tournament because right now it’s a bunch of people trying to get their get back from losing or making low rankings at Evo I had a Ken Inappropriately touch my Manon got 12 straight matches until I could muster up enough strength to win 4 :sadcam:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, DR is the wave dash of SF now. It's the movement tech that separates a scrubs (over reliance on DI) from a half-way competent player.

If any thing certain individual DRs need to be nerfed/buffed.

ehhhhh if we talking about melee wavedash I don't think that is a apt comparison. Even if we talking about mvc2 or tekken wavedash still not seeing it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
ehhhhh if we talking about melee wavedash I don't think that is a apt comparison. Even if we talking about mvc2 or tekken wavedash still not seeing it.

The major difference is DR changes frame data and wave dash doesn't, so I get that it's not 1 to 1. But ultimately they are mechanics so foundational to the systems they exist in that NOT using them is a massive glass ceiling for intermediate level players.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The major difference is DR changes frame data and wave dash doesn't, so I get that it's not 1 to 1. But ultimately they are mechanics so foundational to the systems they exist in that NOT using them is a massive glass ceiling for intermediate level players.

Drive rush is way easier to utilize well than wavedashing. You basically get nothing from raw wavedashes into xxx even back when I was good around 2008-12 and especially not now lol.

I dont really think drive rush separates anything atm. Some characters have insane ones some others are meh. I suppose if you can punish it defensively that would be a barometer of levels but even at the top level as you saw last night its pretty impossible to do anything against kens consistently as he can jab out of it checking anything, grab, or dragon lash.

Angry bird was really good with mixing it up, i dont think there is anyone option beyond a reversal that will do will the options out of DR ken has.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Never play online after a major tournament because right now it’s a bunch of people trying to get their get back from losing or making low rankings at Evo I had a Ken Inappropriately touch my Manon got 12 straight matches until I could muster up enough strength to win 4 :sadcam:
That may have been my Ken :mjpls:

But yeah I went online and played a l out an hour. The match making has me confused AF but played some good sets with a Platinum guy. He beat me 6-3 or something but I got a PS Trophy straight after so he must have been giving me some thumbs up after.

I should play Ranked more but I still aren’t used to the stick vs pad and I used to be a stick player and don’t want to waste my money. Every time on the stick I’m slower. But on my pad my kid always chews the buttons so I be doing DP or just jumping at random times lol.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scusthov:

That cant be right.

Pot should have been 70k just off entrants alone.

1st gets like 30%?
No pot bonus either :francis:

You're the biggest fg tournament, all this prestige, key to the city and all that shyt, but paying nikkas 20k for a 7k entrant game :francis:

:francis::francis::francis: