Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
You know a Zero has only won one Evo a decade ago right?
You say that as if he hasn't been a mainstay near the top of every single tourney in that timeframe. :russ:

Tell that to everybody else complaining about him.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It was known for a minute Zero is the most broken character and Zero/x/Vergil is basically the best point/anchor combination in the game.

A lot of folks through the year figured Jibrill was going to win this year, so yeah a little anti-climatic.

The biggest question mark going into it was if RyanLV would be back to form. Once dude got bounced I think everyone knew it was going to be Jibrill.

I love UMVC3, but it ain't all too different from MVC2 at this point: all the top-competitive teams have been made and no more updates to cause any rebalances.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not quite that simple. There are some games that would absolutely run better on Xbox, but they won't. Same with PC. There is also Sony paying and pressuring studios to not make Xbox versions of games. For PC, the costs would be higher for some games, but if you want the best experience, that's what it is, and I think that's what he's getting at. PC also kills the controller/converter issues completely, every stick is USB and works on PC natively now. Any TO of a major could go partially or completely PC and improve their events, but there are politics, as Art said.

Aside from the rental aspect, it's really not hard at all. The same 500 will get you an SFF PC that will suffice for pretty much any game, takes up the same or less space, and plays on the same monitors. Maybe cheaper.

I can configure a PC to turn on and start SF automatically in 5 minutes. Universal stick compatibility. It's not that hard.

If you make it the standard, people will adapt. If nikkas upkeep and break out Dreamcasts modded to hell, a low cost small PC is nothing. The same 500 for a console will get you right. They're user repairable. You can make a ghost image to fix and fully install a corrupted machine in minutes. All games can be on the same machine. It's the same price and cost as moving to a new gen console, and it would make things easier for players and TOs. Like Art said, it's politics AKA Sony.

Me, or Art, or whoever could distribute files so everyone could, but you're more concerned with being a snarky bytch than learning. If everyone got the same model, which opens up volume discounts, which don't exist in the console space, then EVERYONE could use the EXACT. SAME. IMAGE.

There are. Lenovo, Dell. HP. I was IT for the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. All of Hyatt ordered the same range of computers, with a few changeable options, with special pricing, billing and service agreements. Every manufacturer worth a shyt has an entire business division that does exactly this.

Evo could have set this up three to six months before the PS5/XSX launches, told everyone "We're moving to PC! We are partnering with PC Company X, using Model Y as the base for the foreseeable future. For special Evo pricing, purchase from our link..." and anyone who wants to be on the Evo standard could have spent the same or less 500 to get that instead of scrambling to get a next gen console, or in addition to, if you're that serious. Art and/or some of the FGC IT nerds would have a torrent with an image with all relevant games, drivers and whatever other software within a week, updated whenever a new game comes out. I'm not even saying it what should have been done, just saying it's totally doable.

:sas2::sas2::sas2: