Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True :ehh:

I remember when Itazan was terrorizing nikkas with gief with the simple spd mixups he would do on wake up. Then after a few months he started getting bopped...then went over to abigail :mjcry:

Shoutout to SnakeEyez though, he saw Geif being shyt from jump and went for Akuma :mjlol:

The birdie nerfs were hilarious to read :russ: They even nerfed his sweep because of Mena :dead:
What's funny is

Sfv Gief was made specifically to nerf Snake and push Itazan. That Gief is tailored way more to Itazan style

And Snake STILL won a major with him:ohlawd:

So ofc Gief got nerfed not long after

Capcom also nerfed the grapplers in the game to get nikkas to play Abigail, who we all remember was :gucci::mindblown:in AE pre patch

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny is

Sfv Gief was made specifically to nerf Snake and push Itazan. That Gief is tailored way more to Itazan style

And Snake STILL won a major with him:ohlawd:

So ofc Gief got nerfed not long after

Capcom also nerfed the grapplers in the game to get nikkas to play Abigail, who we all remember was :gucci::mindblown:in AE pre patch

I just wish Gief kept his banishing flat. He feels like a sitting duck without it. He has no pressure.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Gief has no place in SF5 right now. They've added so many characters that do things that only he used to provide - and all of them are better at it than he ever was.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
The 2 biggest issues are trying to make the game viewer friendly and balancing the game for mid level play.

The game should only be balanced for high level play. If a mid level Gief or whoever is destroying people so be it.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 2 biggest issues are trying to make the game viewer friendly and balancing the game for mid level play.

The game should only be balanced for high level play. If a mid level Gief or whoever is destroying people so be it.
I agree but there's a catch 22 when it comes to grapplers. Grapplers are inherently decent and require a lot of work and planning from the player to excel. To play a grappler is to be smarter than everybody but having to accept that you're gonna lose a lot because of the structure the matchups

Grapplers are the black people of fighting games. When grapplers win EVERYBODY mad.:mjlol: then them nikkas get nerfed into oblivion:stopitslime:

They love you when you walking into fireballs for a whole match trying to get a grab, or when you not winning tournaments.

Then you win that tourney now nikkas faces is :hhh::stopitslime::scust::martin: as you walking back from the stage to get your money.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I agree but there's a catch 22 when it comes to grapplers. Grapplers are inherently decent and require a lot of work and planning from the player to excel. To play a grappler is to be smarter than everybody but having to accept that you're gonna lose a lot because of the structure the matchups

Grapplers are the black people of fighting games. When grapplers win EVERYBODY mad.:mjlol: then them nikkas get nerfed into oblivion:stopitslime:

They love you when you walking into fireballs for a whole match trying to get a grab, or when you not winning tournaments.

Then you win that tourney now nikkas faces is :hhh::stopitslime::scust::martin: as you walking back from the stage to get your money.

ill respect you if you win with a grappler because it takes patience and i find them boring.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see Caba an Smug are there, I think one of them are gonna take the whole thing. Caba has been cookin as of late, got top 3 at another premiere lately. And Smug is Smug