Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I competed in a few Revelator tournies. GG saved me from quitting FG's altogether. Then they nerfed my breh Sin :francis:

But its all good still bust ass with him. Really happy were getting that steam release, much more convenient for me to put in work then playing on my ps4.

Ill say this though, in new york revelator is the game. barely see anybody playing SFV except a few big name players, every1 else dropped it.
Those nerfs aimt even dent breh imo. He still plays the same game

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Think the difficulty barrier is a fallacy. Sure theres a few super complex characters(like Zato), and learning all the matchups to every fine detail is hard, but the reality is most characters are easy to learn, most matchups are easy enough to figure out.

And TBH most players in USA arent that nice. Only the top top guys are truly nice with it, if you got good general FG knowledge you will do well against most players, even offline.

As far as combo stuff you should be able to complete all your characters trial combos within a week, and some of them are kinda impractically hard but give you a good base and are more than enough to bust ass with. I will say theres nothing more satisfying than landing a big counter hit combo in that game, and recognizing counter hits is very easy as the effect plus the sound is dramatic enough to give you the time to recognize and adjust.
I think millia is harder to play than zato, no bias. But yeah, game isnt super duper difficult unless you want to play zato, millia, ino, chipp, or benom

llt23

All Star
Daps
Those nerfs aimt even dent breh imo. He still plays the same game

Yeah it was just painful to hear the nerfs, then I went and did all the same shyt give or take :russ:

But they made Venom a problem. Before the patch I almost took out the top Venom player in tourney, took the first match, close second match, and lost the third in a close one. Post patch it aint even close :francis:

My fault too though, been slacking on playing/practicing as taking my ps4 to my monitor is a hassle. That steam gonna help me a lot, dont gotta change my set up. :myman:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I think millia is harder to play than zato, no bias. But yeah, game isnt super duper difficult unless you want to play zato, millia, ino, chipp, or benom

Breh when Im losing in tourney to Millia's doing wake up super, i aint giving no props to her difficulty level lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it was just painful to hear the nerfs, then I went and did all the same shyt give or take :russ:

But they made Venom a problem. Before the patch I almost took out the top Venom player in tourney, took the first match, close second match, and lost the third in a close one. Post patch it aint even close :francis:

My fault too though, been slacking on playing/practicing as taking my ps4 to my monitor is a hassle. That steam gonna help me a lot, dont gotta change my set up. :myman:
Only dude here who beats me plays slayer which is millias worst mu free...its frustrating lol. last tourney nikka did a 90% combo on me :dead:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Winger hot trash boy stop :dead:

I'll say this though I'll never forget that she has that option ever again. :francis:

And yeah Chipp himself aint that tough but since he dies easily gotta be a master of his mobility. I hate Chipp vs Sin since its a crapshoot. Its prob an even match up but truly dependent on who knows the match up more than any other match up in the game for Sin. I really had to study up on punishes and shyt against him since I cant just do whatever I want like most Sin match ups :smugfavre: Or like Sin vs Ky, Johnny, Sol its mostly based on who gotta better fundamentals rather than all kinds of specific punishes. Chipp a whole diff story IMO.

ie, Sin vs Slayer i just :troll: all day. Sin vs Chipp I gotta be on my shyt.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Actually breh if you play Chipp should see what these Sin players are looking for.
Dunno what its like on the Chipp life but over here we got in depth anti Chipp guides:dame:
Sin matchup notes vs. Chipp [public]

Actually I should prob run through this shyt again I prob forgot most of everything :patrice: