Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Du the man. Happy to see dude crowned the best cuz he was beasting in USF4 and it got phased out with SFV. USF4 Guile stunting with shade taunt was just dumb hype!!!!

From IV to V, dude obviously transitioned well and peaked when he needed it.

MVC Infinite though..... Don't mind the 2v2 but the graphics looked washed out as fukk. Far as first impressions go... Not really hyped.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Look at the way the games is crafted.

The way it's played. This game is American as fukk
so.......you don't have a real answer? :mjlol: what kinda vague response is this

the game isn't being played the same way as it was when it first came out so what country was it being played like then?

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
so.......you don't have a real answer? :mjlol: what kinda vague response is this

the game isn't being played the same way as it was when it first came out so what country was it being played like then?

lol right. But Americans got bopped all year. Du just got good with Mika and Guile. Ricki went away and got that sex change money.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No different than anything I've said before

This weekend I saw the most horrible neutral ever.

This game is built for scrubbiness. Jump in is amazing, wakeup jab is amazing, zoning is bad. Too much blocking gets you killed. Hmmm:jbhmm:

The game is being played the exact same way it has been since February bruh. Idk what you've been watching. You have evolved shimmies but other than that the core meta hasn't changed.

The game is a leg up for American players because we play more random. Japan dominating majors in a another new game all year would leave a bad taste in people's mouth.

If you can look at Mika and defend that then:manny: there's a reason she's getting the nerfs that she is. But for now that char is textbook representation of the way SF5 is to be played.

3f jab, free corner carry, +3 on block normal, an assist character, best tick grabs ever, and ridiculous damage on top of that? :russ:. There's a reason Mika players(myself included) play Mika

Even the people winning know the game is bad bruh. Ask top players how they feel about 5 :pachaha:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
No different than anything I've said before

This weekend I saw the most horrible neutral ever.

This game is built for scrubbiness. Jump in is amazing, wakeup jab is amazing, zoning is bad. Too much blocking gets you killed. Hmmm:jbhmm:

The game is being played the exact same way it has been since February bruh. Idk what you've been watching. You have evolved shimmies but other than that the core meta hasn't changed.

The game is a leg up for American players because we play more random. Japan dominating majors in a another new game all year would leave a bad taste in people's mouth.

If you can look at Mika and defend that then:manny: there's a reason she's getting the nerfs that she is. But for now that char is textbook representation of the way SF5 is to be played.

3f jab, free corner carry, +3 on block normal, an assist character, best tick grabs ever, and ridiculous damage on top of that? :russ:. There's a reason Mika players(myself included) play Mika

Even the people winning know the game is bad bruh. Ask top players how they feel about 5 :pachaha:
If you have so many gripes why the fukk do you keep coming in this thread to complain :mjlol: why not, idk, watch something you actually like. seems like more fun then spending hours watching some shyt you obviously don't like

That's not true
Infil/tokido/xaio hai were fukkin shyt up breh stop it, it was only these last few months american dudes started winning like that

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have so many gripes why the fukk do you keep coming in this thread to complain :mjlol: why not, idk, watch something you actually like. seems like more fun then spending hours watching some shyt you obviously don't like
I don't have to like a game to analyze/enjoy watching. I found Du's Mika run hilarious

You asked why I labeled the game American I told you why:manny:

If you don't understand the meta just say you don't understand the meta:manny:

The best players in the game feel the same way I do. This ain't something I'm pulling out of thin air:yeshrug:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't have to like a game to analyze/enjoy watching. I found Du's Mika run hilarious

You asked why I labeled the game American I told you why:manny:

If you don't understand the meta just say you don't understand the meta:manny:

The best players in the game feel the same way I do. This ain't something I'm pulling out of thin air:yeshrug:

I think this narrative that some of ya'll cats run with is a bit exaggerated. For one, where's all the receipts for this really? Why is the turn out even higher for V than IV or other fighters been in regards to tournaments? Also, considering this is year 1 and how fickle the FGC was regarding the last two SFs year 1, it doesn't really even mean shyt anyway.

I find a grip of the mentality of some would be folks in the FGC to be utter bullshyt anyway. Always whiny and shyt.