Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this narrative that some of ya'll cats run with is a bit exaggerated. For one, where's all the receipts for this really? Why is the turn out even higher for V than IV or other fighters been in regards to tournaments? Also, considering this is year 1 and how fickle the FGC was regarding the last two SFs year 1, it doesn't really even mean shyt anyway.

I find a grip of the mentality of some would be folks in the FGC to be utter bullshyt anyway. Always whiny and shyt.
Just like I don't have to like it to enjoy watching it one doesn't have to like it to play it when the payouts are only getting higher.

Tokido thinks the game is trash but he's arguably the best at it so:manny:.

It's not really about being fickle year one. Capcom has a history of games being kind of fukked year one. I've seen enough changes for season 2 to believe they're trying to improve it so I'm cool

"it doesn't even really mean shyt anyway"

You right:manny::pachaha:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Are their any areas to see the confirmed balance changes so far besides that one guy on twitter? Glad to hear about the Mika nerf and the changes to throws. And as usual theres people slamming the game because it doesn't promote boring ass defensive zoning and clock burning.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are their any areas to see the confirmed balance changes so far besides that one guy on twitter? Glad to hear about the Mika nerf and the changes to throws. And as usual theres people slamming the game because it doesn't promote boring ass defensive zoning and clock burning.
I think patch notes are being released today. Not 100% sure tho

EDIT: Capcom backtracked. Changes will be released in a few weeks

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

If you don't understand the meta just say you don't understand the meta:manny:
i asked because you had multiple posts complaining about the game and when i asked a question you gave a vague answer that made it look like YOU didn't really know and were just complaining just to complain, so miss me with this shyt

does this look like a post of someone who's enjoying watching a game?
No different than anything I've said before

This weekend I saw the most horrible neutral ever.

This game is built for scrubbiness. Jump in is amazing, wakeup jab is amazing, zoning is bad. Too much blocking gets you killed. Hmmm:jbhmm:

Even the people winning know the game is bad bruh. Ask top players how they feel about 5 :pachaha:

it doesn't. and if you are enjoying watchin the game they why complain at the same damn time sway

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i asked because you had multiple posts complaining about the game and when i asked a question you gave a vague answer that made it look like YOU didn't really know and were just complaining just to complain, so miss me with this shyt

does this look like a post of someone who's enjoying watching a game?

it doesn't. and if you are enjoying watchin the game they why complain at the same damn time sway
You got it like I'm watching the toruney like:damn: when I'm watching like:heh::dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Sf5 is a bad game lol, and pretty much every player here who plays it competitively agrees. but they are retarded since they still play when I tell them to pick up revelator :manny:

Mika is easily top 5 least aesthetically displeasing fg character watch also

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And most of yall not really ill with the sticks so you wouldnt get why the game is average at best. its so stale and homogenized. the hype at top level comes from the players not the game. tokido and infil could play tekken 4 and itd probs be lit.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sf5 is a bad game lol, and pretty much every player here who plays it competitively agrees. but they are retarded since they still play when I tell them to pick up revelator :manny:

I can't agree with the bold

Watching Mika turn a match completely around in 5 secs is :dead::dead::dead:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Its sooooooo ugly fam lmfao. Ita hilarious ofc but shes pretty much millia for retards, i cain fukk wit it

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

What really kill me is when a commentator be like "We got 3 mikas in top 32 amd they all lay so different!"

FOH :dead:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I'll give you that much since Revelator is great, yet the FGC still erroneously ignores it.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I competed in a few Revelator tournies. GG saved me from quitting FG's altogether. Then they nerfed my breh Sin :francis:

But its all good still bust ass with him. Really happy were getting that steam release, much more convenient for me to put in work then playing on my ps4.

Ill say this though, in new york revelator is the game. barely see anybody playing SFV except a few big name players, every1 else dropped it.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Think the difficulty barrier is a fallacy. Sure theres a few super complex characters(like Zato), and learning all the matchups to every fine detail is hard, but the reality is most characters are easy to learn, most matchups are easy enough to figure out.

And TBH most players in USA arent that nice. Only the top top guys are truly nice with it, if you got good general FG knowledge you will do well against most players, even offline.

As far as combo stuff you should be able to complete all your characters trial combos within a week, and some of them are kinda impractically hard but give you a good base and are more than enough to bust ass with. I will say theres nothing more satisfying than landing a big counter hit combo in that game, and recognizing counter hits is very easy as the effect plus the sound is dramatic enough to give you the time to recognize and adjust.