Official Extraction Thread

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Egggggzactly
That shyt had me like :mindblown:
TF did I miss :wtf:

He hired Thor to get the kid back without any intention of paying/was going to cross him. The kid was the key for Thor to get paid. I assume on the bridge they realized they needed to team up to have a chance and to save the boy which is all they cared about at that point.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm tryna understand why they were enemies and then ended up on the same team on the bridge

The kid's bodyguard let the kid get kidnapped on his watch so the drug kingpen, who was currently locked up, said get my kid back or your kid will get touched. Problem was the kingpen's accounts were frozen by the government and there was no money to assemble/pay a hit squad to get him back. So he scammed Thor and his team to come in and do the dirty work to get the kid out which they did, but dude had no intention of paying them so he set them up to be killed and then he would swoop in to the kid and return him.

-in the end they both ended up fighting the rival kingpen's men and the local police/government and needed each other to get out alive and to get the kid to safety:yeshrug:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I know alot are saying that there needs to be more story in this and I agree to an extent but at the same time the story still worked pretty good imo. Sometimes these action movies do attempt to do too much plot wise and it brings in too many plotholes and unanswered questions(twists, double-cross moves, non important extra characters, cia-political ramblings, etc) in the end which will leave viewers even more frustrated than a more simplistic plot.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I know alot are saying that there needs to be more story in this and I agree to an extent but at the same time the story still worked pretty good imo. Sometimes these action movies do attempt to do too much plot wise and it brings in too many plotholes and unanswered questions(twists, double-cross moves, non important extra characters, cia-political ramblings, etc) in the end which will leave viewers even more frustrated than a more simplistic plot.
Sadly
In this social media instant reactionary world we live in
Everyone wants a movie done their way or they gonna put they two cents why it isn’t a good movie.
This film was a fun watch for exactly what it was. An action popcorn flick. Notin more.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Action was on point

Tyler and Sanju looking like terminators.

Story when off the rails though. What was the use of extracting the kid if the kid's father double crossed them?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This was amazing for a Netflix movie. I was expecting some very average action, and I was expecting a knock off Man On Fire. I was not expecting to see a movie that was clearly directed by either a stuntman or someone that loves stunt work and quality action cinema.

I need to read more about the behind the scenes and who was involved.

Obviously the plot was fairly thin, but I didn’t care. I like John Wick more, but this did remind me a lot of John Wick in terms of the wide shots with choreography that involved more mma and jiu-jitsu, as well as longer takes pulled back with everything in view, and more realistic gun handling.

This won’t mean anything to anyone that doesn’t practice or watch mma or bjj, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen an anaconda choke/gator roll put to film.

I’ll definitely run this one back soon.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Action was on point

Tyler and Sanju looking like terminators.

Story when off the rails though. What was the use of extracting the kid if the kid's father double crossed them?
Kind of a light answer but I think Rake just felt like he had to do it to find redemption for not being there for his own son's cancer and death. I just assumed (which might be unrealistic) that the kid could find a good life if he got out.

I wish they'd fleshed out the kid's back story a little more. What was it like to be the son of a crime lord, etc.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Brehs said they needed more plot but then can't follow the simple 2+2 plot in the movie :mjlol: