Official Euro 2016 Thread

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
@Trajan @Jazzy B. @MikeyC and whoever else is an England fan on here...

Your boys took one hell of a beating.

England would beat Portugal? :ohhh:
:umad:

England 1-0 Portugal

If your lot can't beat this England team, thats more of an indictment on how rubbish you are. :avbgassed:

What is the source of this arrogance that the English have?
Where does it originate from...

Is it their women, they're pasty and pink, is it their talent on a sporting field? I can't think of a single British athlete that is world renowned in his profession.

I'm curious why do they believe that they should win and can't come to terms with the fact that they are below average as a collective and as individuals.
I don't think there is a nation that is as deluded as the English. Embarrassing.

You must only follow American sports then:

Fara Williams
Joe Root
Owen Farrell
Gareth Bale
Billy Joe Saunders
James DeGale
Tony Bellew
Kell Brook
Liam Smith
Ricky Burns
Anthony Crolla
Terry Flanagan
Lee Selby
Jamie McDonnell
Lee Haskins
Michael Bisping
Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Alistair Brownlee
Nicola Adams
Ben Ainslie
Jessica Ennis
Rory McIlroy
Mo Farah
Anthony Joshua
Tyson Fury
Andy Murray
Greg Rutherford
Laura Trott
Sir Bradley Wiggins
David Weir

All either recent or current World/European/Olympic Champions in their respective sports.

:avbnahson:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That list is the definition of: :flabbynsick:
Your fellow sports fan would struggle to identify with more then 3/4 people on that list.

You want to claim Andy Murray? Knowing he's gone on record saying he dislikes the English. Gareth Bale? He and his team were celebrating Icelands goals.

I'll let you tell it though.

Last edited:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
That list is the definition of: :flabbynsick:
Your fellow sports fan would struggle to identify with more then 3/4 people on that list.

You want to claim Andy Murray? Knowing he's gone on record saying he dislikes the English. Gareth Bale? He and his team were celebrating Icelands goals.

I'll let you tell it though.

You do know that "British" and "English" aren't interchangeable right? :mjlol:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
All you Brits worried. Your prayers might be answered.

After EURO 2016, can Jurgen Klinsmann heal England's pain? Some think so

The tumult set off by Brexit proved only the beginning of possibly the worst week ever in the UK in recent history. Making things even more grim? The English national team’s 2-1 defeat on Monday at the hands of tiny Iceland in the UEFA EURO 2016 round of 16. But how could the country that formalized soccer lose to one with total population smaller than its major cities? And how to fix it?

The answer, some English soccer journalists are saying, lays with Jurgen Klinsmann. After England head coach Roy Hodgson retired immediately after the loss, some are looking to the USMNT’s head coach to staunch the bleeding.

So what’s the reasoning? Let’s take a look at the English pro-Klinsmann arguments. We’ll start with the Independent’s Mark Ogden, who gets major firsts-ies points on the Klinsmann train by arguing for his hiring before England even lost. His column, published on Thursday, June 23, called him the “ideal candidate” for the job:

“Five years into his reign as head coach of the States, Klinsmann has only enhanced his reputation and that of the team he has now guided to the World Cup second round and the last four of the Copa America,” Ogden wrote in the Independent. “Hugely popular in this country following the impact he made on and off the pitch with Tottenham Hotspur in the 1990s, Klinsmann would also bring charisma, experience and a proven track record to the job.”

The idea has only seemed to pick up steam in the hours since Hodgson’s resignation. In the Telegraph, a panel of sports writers weighed in, two of them landing in the pro-Klinsmann camp. The German would “represent a giant leap forward in tactical terms, a perennial English failure,” wrote James Drucker.

His colleague Ben Rumsby agreed. “I would really like to see what [Eddie] Howe could do with this young England side but fear it may be too early for him,” he wrote. “So, I would sound out proven international managers first, starting with Jurgen Klinsmann.”

Over at the Mirror, a similar panel weighed in, and there, Klinsmann got two votes of confidence, too. John Cross called him “a manager and player with pedigree.”

His colleague David McDonnell, meanwhile, went more in-depth. “Having laid the foundations for Germany to become World Cup winners in 2014, he has further enhanced his reputation with the USA,” he wrote. “He knows English football from his time at Tottenham and would command respect from England's players, as a World Cup winner, European Championship winner and a striker of world-class stature.”

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh: if i was ashley i would be a bit more careful

wales-ashley-williams-beach-dinard-france-euro_3492024.jpg

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
England 1-0 Portugal

If your lot can't beat this England team, thats more of an indictment on how rubbish you are. :avbgassed:

:russell:
Portugual fans have the quarter finals of the Euros to look forward to after beating one of the most impressive teams in the tournament. :win:

Meanwhile, in England, we have fans who are looking back on their team's momentous victory at home, in a friendly, against Portugal. :stopitslime:

If ever there was a post that embodied the England Men's National Team...

Last edited:

sosaa

All Star
Daps
:russell:
Portugual fans have the quarter finals of the Euros to look forward to after beating one of the most impressive teams in the tournament. :win:

Meanwhile, in England, we have fans who are looking back on their team's momentous victory at home, in a friendly, against Portugal. :stopitslime:

If ever there was a post that embodied the England National Men's Team...

real shyt i feel like everybody underating them. if they kick up the heat i can see them winning this thing