Official Euro 2016 Thread

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
They would have still beaten England, I'm quite sure of it.

What in the last 3 games have Portugal shown for you to think of them as potential winners?

Ronaldo's 500-1 shot to goal ratio?
William's terrible first touch?
Quaresma's tattoos
Renato Sanchez' looks?

:mjlol:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Portugal is deadly on the counter, playing better teams will suit them. Croatia gotta be careful with this one.

On the one hand if a team is too talented for them it can spell trouble and Croatia are beginning to look like one of those teams.

On the other hand, in accordance with you and to the point I made earlier, Portugal do play to the level of their competition.

For example they'd give a good game to a Spain/Germany even though they are worse and then struggle against the group teams they have done even though they're better, that's because they're only an above average European team at this stage, with some star power.

Now Portugal for the first time will be conceding most of the possession and as you say that could suit them on the counter attack. They don't have enough flair and natural fluidity to play effective attacking football in a regular setting. They'll need to capitalise on the counter for sure with the likes of Nani, Quaresma and Ronaldo.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
What in the last 3 games have Portugal shown for you to think of them as potential winners?

Ronaldo's 500-1 shot to goal ratio?
William's terrible first touch?
Quaresma's tattoos
Renato Sanchez' looks?

:mjlol:

Sorry but he's a really handsome guy.

Anyway, I never said that they'll win the thing- they won't as they're rubbish. However, from what I've seen in this tournament and from what I know about both teams' histories, Portugal would have beaten England if they'd ended up being paired together. Besides a flukey win against a Wales side playing for a draw, what exactly have England done in this tournament? At least Portugal have a couple of players capable of turning it up a gear or two. What does England have? Dele Alli... :scust:

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
England have been like United keeping possession with lack of penetration. Portugal are just getting worse with each tournament, they had figured out how to be defensively solid but they have been losing that recently. The Portugal side of the draw is just ridiculously bad, a team will stroll to the finals by going through average teams while the big teams eliminate each other. Belgium might even fluke it to the delight of self congratulating journalists ready to crown their golden generation.