Official Euphoria Season 1 Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Its really not all that generational. Drug use is always been a part of the teenage experience. Its the availability of hi-grade prescription drugs.
Its not just the drug use, its the nonstop exposure with shyt like IG and twitter. You fukk up once and your shyt's gonna be on the internet forever. Sorry, I should've been more specific.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what is this show about? looked a little too depressing/drugged out for me from the previews. i truly don't know if times have changed - i mean we definitely had overly dramatic, too mature teen shows like 90210 and my so called life - but i've never been into the whole teens being on some too grown shyt, broken down by life wave, it's too far from what i think the average (i said average) teen experience is which is school, friends, a few things like getting drunk or high of weed/shrooms/molly, first boyfriend/girlfriend, and FAMILY. these shows have teens living like grown ass adults and shyt, that was never my reality

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
really didn't care for the first episode.
came off as someones vision of what they think it's like for these kids going through such and such.

a shame because i felt the show had promise.

one of the things i took from it is that if you're a parent and you have a kid that is trans or whatever they prefer to call themselves it must be nerve wracking knowing what could happen to them when they go out at night. you could get a call at anytime letting you know such and such has happened to them.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zenbaeya's definitely getting that Emmy/GG nom off this shyt :wow:

twin brehs lowkey stole their scenes too, told big bro he's watching the tutorial on how to deal with big tittie cassie :dead:

This shyt had me :mjlol: because I know some lil mofos like this in real life and that's exactly what they would say in that moment

This show is a lil weird tho. I was on the fence evaluating the arguments about whether or not they're marketing this to teens and if it's harmful...then I went to the Euphoria instagram. Yeah brehs, if i had a teenager i'd probably be changing my password to HBO and logging out on all devices except my own (HBO's crack what can I say :ld:).

Parts of the show resonate w/ me, other parts dont. I remember a kid borrowing a 20 off me to do coke in the bathroom in 9th grade. At the same time, their parties seem much more like what I remember from college than HS. I've got cousins that are 5-7 years and there are some things that I've come to understand just from kicking it from them. Most of them are well adjusted but some of their friends have truly :huhldup: behavior.

Also, Zendaya's character is hella real. Tons of girls like her in SoCal and she's perfectly cast for them.