Official Euphoria Season 1 Thread

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Just watched it, tbh, I liked it. I don’t think it was that gratuitous, it was very much the same shyt when I was that age, just with trans people, camera phones, and different drugs with the new age psychedelics. I like the scoring, I think zedeya (sp?) has potential to shut down Hollywood in a few years, and i like that drug dealer with a conscience.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Just watched it, tbh, I liked it. I don’t think it was that gratuitous, it was very much the same shyt when I was that age, just with trans people, camera phones, and different drugs with the new age psychedelics. I like the scoring, I think zedeya (sp?) has potential to shut down Hollywood in a few years, and i like that drug dealer with a conscience.
if #StannisSet is co-signing then you know it's real :wow:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm definitely intrigued off this first episode. Around the point that Rue (Zendaya did a great job) has the conversation with the white drug dealer is when I felt the show started hitting its stride. Up to that point I was dreading this being a series that looked pretty and was putting its eggs in the style over substance basket (ala Entourage, How to Make it in America, Ballers) but for teens. There needs to be a genuine narrative and direction to this or it'll just be seen as gratuitous sex and drugs for the fukk of it. Some of the performances and characters were cliche and over done but that's to be expected from a show trying to pass adults as high schoolers. I have a feeling this show is going to get really popular and be extremely polarizing in turn. Thankfully, I don't think HBO is afraid of any smoke

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Show was way better than I thought it was gonna be. Definitely gonna watch more.

This. I'm not really bugged out by trans shyt so I think that can be a compelling arc of a character.

The one thing I will say that the show did well in the first episode was illustrate just how messy and confusing the concept of consent can be. In the 3 or 4 sexual encounters we see almost all of them are cringy and uncomfortable one of them is basically an assault...but they all could have been taken as consent. I think that is VERY important to illustrate in a show with so much drug use in the post-me too era.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wow...this is absolutely depressing...there was a time when I could watch a coming of age story and be able to relate...times have changed tho...the only reason I was able to be somewhat in tune w/ this show is bcuz I worked w/ teens during the latter portion of my career...and it’s just a reminder of how much these kids are exposed to and how it’s severely fukking w/ their mental health...very well-written show but it struck too many chords for me to continue watching...I can’t watch this from the standpoint of reminiscing what it’s like to be a teen but more so what it’s gonna be like when my child is a teen and it’s frightening

soundtrack is dope and that one chic has some NICE t*ts but I stand on what I said...curious to read the comments of others...folks on this forum have better insight regarding some of these shows than other forums I post on

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
wow...this is absolutely depressing...there was a time when I could watch a coming of age story and be able to relate...times have changed tho...the only reason I was able to be somewhat in tune w/ this show is bcuz I worked w/ teens during the latter portion of my career...and it’s just a reminder of how much these kids are exposed to and how it’s severely fukking w/ their mental health...very well-written show but it struck too many chords for me to continue watching...I can’t watch this from the standpoint of reminiscing what it’s like to be a teen but more so what it’s gonna be like when my child is a teen and it’s frightening

soundtrack is dope and that one chic has some NICE t*ts but I stand on what I said...curious to read the comments of others...folks on this forum have better insight regarding some of these shows than other forums I post on
Yeah, for the whole episode the one thought in the back of my head was "I'm glad I'm not part of this generation :picard:"

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watched the pilot last night and that shyt was lowkey great

I really wasn’t expecting it to be good

Zendaya did a really good job with her role

Outside of the 10 year old cac selling drugs this shyt was surprisingly accurate af at how they’re portraying teens and drug abuse

The scene at the party where Zendaya is telling dude how she first started using was great

I’ve heard the same type of story from mad fiends before

That first high is pure bliss and they always end up strung out because they’re chasing that euphoric feeling they felt that first time

Last edited: