Official Emmy Winning WandaVision Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:unimpressed: they need to move past this 50s/60s sitcom spoof shyt.
When i was younger i had really bad insomnia.
So i would be up in the living room watching all them old Nick at Night shows.
So this is like some throwback shyt for me, and i think its fly the way they are pulling it off.
Just me tho.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It's so fukking weird and tense so far, I love it, though I reflexively was pissed when I couldn't just go to the next episode lol

This isn't like Mandaloreon where I was cool with letting it finish so I could binge later.

Also...this feels like a transition from the 'golden age' of the MCU where people are watching their language and trying to be super careful around adult themes. You can already see the cracks breaking on the norms and standards. There's more sexual innuendo in the first two eps than I could remember off the top of my head than the whole franchise up to this point lol. Which is dope as well considering how TV was back then with the separate beds ect.

:unimpressed: they need to move past this 50s/60s sitcom spoof shyt.

As someone who as a kid used to stay up late to watch Nick at night...all fukking night lol, I was cool af catching that black and white TV vibe again.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
When i was younger i had really bad insomnia.
So i would be up in the living room watching all them old Nick at Night shows.
So this is like some throwback shyt for me, and i think its fly the way they are pulling it off.
Just me tho.
Yeah they nailed it. I knew some people were not going to like it. It’s obvious there’s more going on than the whole show simply being a spoof of old shows :beli: it was also obvious that they will eventually move past that

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No one really talks about those Netflix shows after the weekend they premiere to be real. The mouse taking it byke to the watercooler :wow:
That's because Netflix makes solid shows but not amazing ones for the most part. If something the quality of say The Wire or Breaking Bad came out and was available for streaming all the seasons at once that wouldn't hinder it.

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah they nailed it. I knew some people were not going to like it. It’s obvious there’s more going on than the whole show simply being a spoof of old shows :beli: it was also obvious that they will eventually move past that

Yeah some people just aren't patient and don't see the value in art, themes, so on and so forth.

Like I see a lot of people online saying that they wish there was an "intro" before it jumps straight to the sitcom so they can get more information, but I'm just like fukk that, go all in. :yeshrug:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Second ep was bette, drunk vision. Dottie is the main baddie it's obvious

I thought that until she was like "who are you?" seems like she doesn't know what's going on either.

I think it's either Agnes (she's actually a good guy in the comics but for the purposes of this show she might be the villain) or a character we haven't met yet.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
First two eps were entertaining but I'm really waiting for the bullshyt to kick off when Wanda realizes that place isn't real.

As far as the whole streaming vs weekly debate....streaming was never the "norm". It was an alternative, which some of you might prefer....but it was never the standard.

shyt, "Game Of Thrones" was the biggest show in the world and it was weekly. That wasn't that long ago.

Fred.