OFFICIAL EA SPORTS UFC 3 THREAD (PS4 XBOXONE)

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
@O.T.I.S. Dap + Rep.

Breh, I have a group of brehs who are getting into playing this shyt and are GRADE A shyt talkers like me.

You should come through and partake in the fukkery.

Were u a MMA fan before? Im asking because the first THQ ufc Undisputed made me a MMA fan n opened my eyes to the ground game and all the different positions/transitions in MMA.

Before, i would see MMA as just cage fighting and some form of WWE before i realized these dudes are in there trying to knock each other out, get chocked out, or break a arm or leg with martial arts

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just finished my first run through with Career mode.

1. Grappling is still flawed (IMO). The stamina penalties for getting your transitions blocked is shocking.
  2. Striking is overpowered. Not that I’m complaining, my guy is 6’5 black version of Bruce Lee but it can get quite annoying when one kick early in the 1st round has your head in the red, or even worse, knocks you out completely.
  3. Career mode needs to be fleshed out. You literally just fight and that’s it. They took out the training so you don’t really get to work on your skills.
  4. They need to have more created fighters in Career mode. I shouldn’t be fighting a 50 year old Overeem that’s clocked over 100 fights. Parkinson’s would have retired him in real life.
I’m not gonna bother with Ultimate Team because the concept of it has always been trash to me. Gonna do another run through in Career in the women’s division on Legendary and see what it’s like.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Just finished my first run through with Career mode.

1. Grappling is still flawed (IMO). The stamina penalties for getting your transitions blocked is shocking.
  2. Striking is overpowered. Not that I’m complaining, my guy is 6’5 black version of Bruce Lee but it can get quite annoying when one kick early in the 1st round has your head in the red, or even worse, knocks you out completely.
  3. Career mode needs to be fleshed out. You literally just fight and that’s it. They took out the training so you don’t really get to work on your skills.
  4. They need to have more created fighters in Career mode. I shouldn’t be fighting a 50 year old Overeem that’s clocked over 100 fights. Parkinson’s would have retired him in real life.
I’m not gonna bother with Ultimate Team because the concept of it has always been trash to me. Gonna do another run through in Career in the women’s division on Legendary and see what it’s like.

If you are on the bottom, it’s extremely extremely important to be patient. Most guys just transition like crazy no matter what and get drained. You have to relax and be creative. Maybe throw a strike or two then transition because you will have advantage. Maybe throw in a fake or two against someone really good at denying transition(Faking is just tapping the stick in one direction to start the transition animation thus making your opponent more then likely try to deny in that direction. After you fake immediately go in a different direction) I usually do this when I have someone in half guard. I fake to full guard then switch over to the back option and have the top position. If you have someone in full guard option, the get up tactic is usually move the right stick to the full guard option then go to get up with is usually the opposite direction. Works very well especially if you have a good amount of stamina. Never use the get up options from either mount or half guard unless you yourself deny a transition from the guy on top. Those options are slow and the top person will usually always deny. Most people try those get up options raw on the bottom :dame:and always get denied. Same with full guard. If you are on the bottom, avoid the just going to the get up options unless you deny a transition. The FG option first then the get up option to the opposite side is the best option

As far as you getting rocked, are you swaying or doing unnecessary head movement? I don’t know because if it’s career mode, you chin health may be low. But usually getting rocked super early happens because you are vulnerable from leaning into strikes. Like i posted early, focus on blocking/staying out of range and use the sway sparingly once you recognize striking patterns

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This is getting ridiculous now...

How many UFC flops do they need to drop this trash and bring back Fight Night?

Literally got a nikka keeping the OG George Foreman grill triple in the entertainment rack for one game...
I hear you, but this is the best UFC game EA has ever released. I know it feels like that’s not saying much, but I’m actually quite surprised how much I like it so far. You will like the new striking system.

It’s finally starting to take shape as something you can have a solid fight plan with as opposed to people spamming the same moves. It’s not as polished as fight night, but finally starting to look like they have a foundation for a solid series going forward. I only paid $30 out of pocket for it.

I think it’s worth checking out even if the idea of the ground game bothers you. Stamina management is huge now.

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
i should get this, right? Is Part 4 anywhere in site?
Go get UFC 2, I didn’t even get the upgrade after playing beta & at a friends house. Player base might not be that large but it’s not much smaller and the mechanics are much better imo...fukk ufc 3

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I don't miss this game at all with the GOAT bring available via backwards compatibility