OFFICIAL EA SPORTS UFC 3 THREAD (PS4 XBOXONE)

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for helping me save my money breh. I was honestly going to get it because I like career modes but if the gameplay is trash, then this is in the bushes.

I thought Career mode was going to be better. You get 100 points for each fight and you select if you want train or do promo work. There's no actual promoting involved. You just select whether what type of promotion you want to do for your upcoming fight for a fee. I thought you would be able to talk shyt and do press conferences but that's not the case. It's a pretty basic mode. You start off as a rookie and work your way up. For example I selected Nate Diaz as my fighter. They start you off at your fighters actual age which in my case is 32 (WTF!) so by the time I moved on to the next division he's already over 40.

The ground and clinch are the same as UFC 2. The striking and control settings are what's the main difference. Striking is ok but nothing wow. The control settings are horrendous in my opinion and way too complicated to pull of a single high kick. Also, blocking sucks (Holding R2 and L2 for a low block) is just wrong.

The roster is wack too. They could have at least added some legends to some of the weight classes lacking fighters.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Do ya play online??? Cpu always been lame the harder the diificulty the more god like they are at blocking punches checking kicks n every yhing else

100% of my enjoyment comes from online matches, nothing better than human vs human

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
My career i was rocking foos left and right

Then they put me up against a wrestler with 89 grapple

:snoop:

Still stuck here. Dude just grapples me and drains my stamina. Or one hit punch stuns and then KO.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
This engine just isn't better than the Undisputed engine, this generation of UFC games is trash in comparison.

Really hope Fight Night comes back next gen if we can't get it this gen.

no excuse now. they have aj to market it.

i wonder why they stopped, boxing is more popular than ufc and the fight night games were much better than the ufc ones.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
no excuse now. they have aj to market it.

i wonder why they stopped, boxing is more popular than ufc and the fight night games were much better than the ufc ones.
It's much easier getting fighters licensed for UFC since you basically get the majority of fighters all under the UFC umbrella. With boxing you have to sign each fighter individually. That's at least the main reason EA has given.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Its not a bad game but it suffers from the same problem the other games suffer from

it LOOKS great but it still doesn't FEEL like actual fighting when you're playing it

I feel like if the people who do NBA 2K could get a hold of this they could make it feel like you're actually in there fighting with someone instead of playing rock em sock em robots

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
EA should've brought in the major THQ UFC guys to make these games. We're a generation in and these still ain't up to where Undisputed 3 left off.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This game is amazing to me.

I'm not a big UFC fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

There are still so many technical things that I've yet to figure out, though.

• I don't know how to rush and jump on an opponent when I knock them down so I can attempt to punch them into submission.
  • Slipping and maximizing the head movement still feels over my head.
  • I fukking hate the fact that you have to go through 2 slow loading menu screens to get to the move list.
  • The floor game submissions are still way over my head.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This game is amazing to me.

I'm not a big UFC fan, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

There are still so many technical things that I've yet to figure out, though.

• I don't know how to rush and jump on an opponent when I knock them down so I can attempt to punch them into submission.
  • Slipping and maximizing the head movement still feels over my head.
  • I fukking hate the fact that you have to go through 2 slow loading menu screens to get to the move list.
  • The floor game submissions are still way over my head.

1) There are different versions of Knock downs. Some they just go through a stumble animation. Some they fall but have the option to get right back up. And then others they are rocked and you can jump on them and attack. You just have to get use to them

2) I would try to minimize head movement/swaying. Too much of that can get you rocked badly. If someone is spamming hooks you can just sway forward while stationary and come back up with a counter. If you notice a pattern like this person always starts his combo with a lead jab you can sway to the opposite direction. Or you could move forward and sway towards them knowing they will throw to counter. But mainly just work on distance management, blocking high or low, and most importantly getting the opponent to miss. The more they miss, the more stamina they lose this making their strikes less impactful

3) Subs are just cat and mouse games. When you are defending them, try to move all the four gates out as much as possible before the next phase. That way when the next phase starts you have a head start and the gates won’t be reset completely. Too many people just stick to two gates and it’s easier to block their escape as opposed to the using all four. And when you are attacking with a sub just block the direction of the gate they are pushing out and look for the prompt on the left analog to advance a stage. It takes getting use to but it’s not hard