OFFICIAL EA SPORTS UFC 3 THREAD (PS4 XBOXONE)

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Just copped 2 days ago, striking is vastly different. Not sure how i feel about it yet but as of now it feels like games forces you to move around with everyone like Dominic Cruz.

Ive played like 10 quick matches so far none ranked, im probably like 2-8. Anyone got the game yet and want to put in their 2 cents or maybe tips to the striking mechanics? I fought over 1200 matches on ea ufc 2 ranked online so i plan on putting in work with this one.

Also can we set up online tournaments with this game? i havent checked but that would be dope

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
I played the demo, just a couple of fights and couldn't adjust to the knew striking. I bought the full game but haven't played it yet. Too many games to play. I'll get to it soon but I have a feeling I'll have a hard time adjusting to the striking. It's my understanding that there are some punches that require you to use both the bumper and the trigger on the same side to do certain strikes to the body. That's way too much. With that said, I'm a huge MMA fan and have owned all of the MMA games basically so I'll give this a shot.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
What exactly are you having problems with?

it almost feel like theres a button delay and im not able to put combinations together as clean as i did on ea ufc 2. It seems like they put a lot of emphasis on footwork and head movement but like i said i just end up feeling like im mimicking dominick cruz with every fighter on the roster

I remember i played against someone that was using mcgregor, and everytime this dude did a spinning back kick to my body my fighter would stagger back across the ring. then i realized that was the animation that would automatically happen everytime he hit me with that move. that sucks if thats just what happens everytime u get hit with it

Also wassup with some of the moves that you need to press R1+Triangle or Square with. For instance Tony fergusons standing elbow is shown to be done with R1+Triangle but when i would hit the buttons he wouldnt throw it. It came out once or twice when i was close to my oppenent so is it a distance thing? I have to be close enough to be able to throw it?

Im out n about now but i cant wait to get back later to play some more, i want to wrap my head around everything and feel as comfortable as i did with ea ufc 2 cause it defitnitly feels different. similiar yes but different

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
it almost feel like theres a button delay and im not able to put combinations together as clean as i did on ea ufc 2. It seems like they put a lot of emphasis on footwork and head movement but like i said i just end up feeling like im mimicking dominick cruz with every fighter on the roster

I remember i played against someone that was using mcgregor, and everytime this dude did a spinning back kick to my body my fighter would stagger back across the ring. then i realized that was the animation that would automatically happen everytime he hit me with that move. that sucks if thats just what happens everytime u get hit with it

Also wassup with some of the moves that you need to press R1+Triangle or Square with. For instance Tony fergusons standing elbow is shown to be done with R1+Triangle but when i would hit the buttons he wouldnt throw it. It came out once or twice when i was close to my oppenent so is it a distance thing? I have to be close enough to be able to throw it?

Im out n about now but i cant wait to get back later to play some more, i want to wrap my head around everything and feel as comfortable as i did with ea ufc 2 cause it defitnitly feels different. similiar yes but different

They revamped the whole striking. Basically all you need to throw is jabs and straights with the occasional body strike. Most people are going crazy online. Draining all their stamina. Just be patient and try to master moving and swaying. The key is to get people to miss. Then it will be easier to finish them. That’s when you also pull out the wild spinning shyt. They made those have more inputs because people spammed and abused them in the previous games

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
They revamped the whole striking. Basically all you need to throw is jabs and straights with the occasional body strike. Most people are going crazy online. Draining all their stamina. Just be patient and try to master moving and swaying. The key is to get people to kiss. Then it will be easier to finish them. That’s when you also pull out the wild spinning shyt. They made those have more inputs because people spammed and abused them in the previous games

:leostare:

Are they fighting or fukking breh?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Im on vacation, plan to pick it up in a week or so...i loved ufc 2, although i actually didnt play much online.

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
Based on the beta, I don't think I'll be getting this. Striking is terrible in comparison to UFC 2. Graphics didn't really look that much better either.

I'll be sticking to UFC 2 for a while

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Ok so im getting the hang of the game wayyy better now. I watched a couple of striking tips videos and just keep playing unranked quick fights. I was 0-8 in ranked matches now im like 4-1 in the past 5 about to fight go for the title. Right now i only play from featherweight to heavyweight in ranked and my go to guys are FW:Korean Zombie LW: Tony Ferguson WW: Nick Diaz MW: Kevin Gastelum LHW: Dan Henderson and HW: Daniel Cormier. I feel im at my best playing with Korean Zombie ive always faithfully used him at FW since EA UFC 1, i feel like he has the perfect combo of great striking with KO power,strong chin, great Bjj and nice range over most fighters.

This is me beating somebodys retarded looking CAF online with KZ. His stats showed as all 100's but im starting to think thats false or a nikkas really getting cafs to all 100s???