Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What's that for, most soulless, stiff, humorless director that we have to pretend is a master filmmaker?

Neither Nolan or Villeneuve's films have any soul. Even when they try to go for human emotions in Interstellar and Arrival it comes across as awkward and ill-fitting. Like autistic children trying to understand real human emotion.

Their films take themselves far too seriously but actually have very little to say. Portentous atmosphere and oblique narrative structure does not equal depth.

I don't dislike all their films. Sicario had some very strong moments. Blade Runner was spectacular visually although how much Villeneuve has been getting carried by Roger Deakins is certainly a question to be asked.

The Dark Knight was the best modern comic book film. I thought Dunkirk was a visceral experience (weighed down by Nolan's usual over-engineered narrative trickery bullshyt)

Sorry for the rant but i could not hold my tongue any longer on these two directors. Not when I see them constantly propped up as Kubrick level auteurs by certain corners of the internet including this forum.
Good assessment. As good as 2049 looked, it was bland as hell. This looks like more of the same. Prove me wrong space opera nerds.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
EVj5m36UwAAWm8P.jpg

EVj5m36U0AADko2.jpg

EVj5m39UYAYxHd-.jpg

EVj5m36VAAYNp8o.jpg

EVj6uJXUUAABH1L.jpg

EVj6uJVU8AEnmzE.jpg
Sweet momma molasses :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
What's that for, most soulless, stiff, humorless director that we have to pretend is a master filmmaker?

Neither Nolan or Villeneuve's films have any soul. Even when they try to go for human emotions in Interstellar and Arrival it comes across as awkward and ill-fitting. Like autistic children trying to understand real human emotion.

Their films take themselves far too seriously but actually have very little to say. Portentous atmosphere and oblique narrative structure does not equal depth.

I don't dislike all their films. Sicario had some very strong moments. Blade Runner was spectacular visually although how much Villeneuve has been getting carried by Roger Deakins is certainly a question to be asked.

The Dark Knight was the best modern comic book film. I thought Dunkirk was a visceral experience (weighed down by Nolan's usual over-engineered narrative trickery bullshyt)

Sorry for the rant but i could not hold my tongue any longer on these two directors. Not when I see them constantly propped up as Kubrick level auteurs by certain corners of the internet including this forum.

some of us enjoy the doom and gloom ultra serious projects. If u want more light hearted emotion that’s fine. Whatever floats ya boat. Everyone has their taste. Nolan and Denis right now are giving fans like myself everything I could ask for. I hope it’s 3 and half hours of the same style we been getting. And then a directors cut release after that :banderas:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
some of us enjoy the doom and gloom ultra serious projects. If u want more light hearted emotion that’s fine. Whatever floats ya boat. Everyone has their taste. Nolan and Denis right now are giving fans like myself everything I could ask for. I hope it’s 3 and half hours of the same style we been getting. And then a directors cut release after that :banderas:

It's not about being light hearted. The point is there is nothing below the surface in their films. It's style over substance with nothing to actually say.

If you're impressed by what they do watch some Tarkovsky....Stalker or Solaris.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Saw the trailer in the previews before Tenet, looks like it will be pretty good. Warner Bros. has kept a dept of defense lock on online trailers yet, maybe in the coming days, I'll post it here as it is available. Being new to the name I will have to check out the older one.

Edit: Only thing I can find, WB is pulling everything off the net they can find.

Last edited: