Official Driveclub Thread

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
breh this game is so easy, the physics are straight up crazy taxi status.

simple physics... braking done in straight line...set up your turn Outside---->Inside----->Outside. accelerate in straight line. be in right gear before entering apex of the turn.

P.S. let the noobs bump each other off the track during the initial breakaway from the start. be running 20 seconds faster than the pack. :blessed:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

simple physics... braking done in straight line...set up your turn Outside---->Inside----->Outside. accelerate in straight line. be in right gear before entering apex of the turn.

P.S. let the noobs bump each other off the track during the initial breakaway from the start. be running 20 seconds faster than the pack. :blessed:
For casual racing gamers like myself the game is a bit difficult at times but it's mainly due to braking too hard from high speed causing me to loose control in tight corners

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The same exact shyt happened to me :ohhh:

Only reason I went ahead with it was because it was $20. They think I'm crazy when I ask for every single game I buy sealed

@Fatboi1 how do I get good at this shyt :mjcry:
Keep playing. Every car feels different.

:beli:
Someone is :duck: here.

This game is far from easy to me. shyt can get hard. How far in the tours are you?? There's some tour events(Main game tour and DLC tours) that are fukking controller slamming hard.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
haha well im not tryin to ducktales ur ass for real.

its really a simple formula for me....driving shyt comes naturally.

hardcore driving gamer (started on nigel mansell F1 on Super nintendo & ferarri GP on NES) + engineering major (understanding of physics that friction coefficient tho) + over 30 track days on my motorcycle = god tier racing gamer.

but for real im tryna get down with some of yall online within the next few weeks

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
haha well im not tryin to ducktales ur ass for real.

its really a simple formula for me....driving shyt comes naturally.

hardcore driving gamer (started on nigel mansell F1 on Super nintendo & ferarri GP on NES) + engineering major (understanding of physics that friction coefficient tho) + over 30 track days on my motorcycle = god tier racing gamer.

but for real im tryna get down with some of yall online within the next few weeks
Game never sold itself as a sim. It's like ridge racer, with an emphasis on drifting. The drifting is very arcadey, as intended.

And winning every race/event requires a good grip on drifting.

This game is not for sim fans. But if you've ever been a ridge racer fan you should like it.

Falkor

Banned
Daps
Its more like Project Gotham Racing :manny: RR is straight arcade racin :trash:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Its more like Project Gotham Racing :manny: RR is straight arcade racin :trash:
Ridge Racer 64 was my shyt though :to:

But I feel you, it's not FULL arcadey like that.

But it's def not meant to be played like a sim racer, minus the whole approach corners from the outside to the apex with proper braking

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
driveclub-14-2

driveclub-12-3

American muscle is here :mjcry:

11150832_808421252575570_7524831511497570591_n-670x377.jpg

Gotta get to downloading :blessed: Coming 28th-30th

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^ glad i pulled the trigger on getting the season pass...they been supporting this game like a muthafukka with all the content....now i just gotta actually play it, smh.....destiny still keeping my attention...and batman right around the corner.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
where dat ps plus struggle version.....? :patrice:

aint coming huh ? :sadcam:

saw your post, got some news regarding it :

last week, when talking about the content and update that comes out this week, the devs said they will have info regarding the ps+ version soon...basically, look for this around e3.....cause after this update, they are gonna upgrade the servers some more....which will allow them to release the companion app...and when the app releases, they'll drop the ps+ version cause that means they believe the servers will be able to handle the influx of players and all that comes with it....

the reason i say look for it at e3 is cause the game has done well despite the bad release and press it got....and with e3 right around the corner, no better place for sony to push the game further to the masses than by giving it a showcase (which it didnt have last year) and announcing the free version....

Daps
Reppin
Canada
This game is utter shyt with a shiny coat of paint. Handling almost made me break my controller and I got all the licenses in Gran Turismo for PS2 at least.

At least the PS+ edition is free. Just deleted it, grand opening grand closing. Waiting for Need for Speed.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is utter shyt with a shiny coat of paint. Handling almost made me break my controller and I got all the licenses in Gran Turismo for PS2 at least.

At least the PS+ edition is free. Just deleted it, grand opening grand closing. Waiting for Need for Speed.
How long you played it?? This game is far from utter shyt. Controls are a mix of sim/arcade and each car has it's own feel and whatnot. I'm no simulation racing vet but I found the controls really good for most cars minus the hyper cars.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
How long you played it?? This game is far from utter shyt. Controls are a mix of sim/arcade and each car has it's own feel and whatnot. I'm no simulation racing vet but I found the controls really good for most cars minus the hyper cars.

It's not for me man, I don't like sim racing and I don't like handling like that. It just gets boring. Need for Speed Underground 2 and the first Most Wanted and Carbon pretty much held me down.