Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got back

Marvel got another one!

I HIGHLY recommend seeing this in Imax 3d. Tons of easter eggs, nice action, and Marvel just continues to build their universe on the big screen.

The end is always the worst cuz you want to see more.
Going to see this in IMAX 3D.:mjgrin:

On Monday. :mjcry:

Fred.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Looks like I will be able to catch it in IMAX 3D Sunday night. Don't know if it's gonna be a real, full-size IMAX or one of the "LIEMAX" theatres though. fukk them for diluting the brand :birdman:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Just got back. The cats who say it succumbs to the Marvel formula are right however it didn't make it any less entertaining since this is how origin stories in this universe usually go. I also didn't like how fast the pacing for strange's development went. His talent grew like how those main characters in manga grows whenever they get a skill, in that after a few days n such they become more skilled than people who've been doing shyt for years. The movie makes a point to explain how he learns everything so easily but it still bugged me.

The jokes were okay, not a lot of them landed though. I do remember laughing at the convo Strange and Wan were having where Wan implied people who laughed at Stranges jokes only did it because they worked for him lol other than that it was great. The opening sequence was amazing and so was all the other magic displayed. It's definitely not like Inception so whoever's still thinking that, cut it out :ufdup:

But I couldn't see it in 3d, I can't with glasses, it'll just ruin the entire experience for me but 2d was cool too :mjgrin:

The Ancient One is a beast and really likeable.

rip tho :mjcry:

It's a shame Mordo didn't get a lot of play, he was like The Ancient One's right hand but they kinda pushed him aside until the end.

he ain't had to do ole boy like that in the after credits tho. Dude he went after wasn't even like a full fledged sorcerer he just used his magic to heal himself then go back to welding. :mjcry:

I didn't catch a lot of easter eggs for my first viewing except for a huge name drop

the fukking living tribunal:wow:
also I didn't expect them to actually show Dormamu when they dropped his name, I thought he'd be a tease

As for the after credits, thank god that wasn't spoiled for me, I really enjoyed it.

Overall 8/10 for me. Gonna see it again next week as this is definitely one of those rare re-watchable Marvel movies. It's dope :salute:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I enjoyed it.

Things I liked-

The acting was really good. Cumberbatch, Ejiofor, Tilda, and McAdams were all in top form. I totally forgot Cumberbatch was British, his American accent held steady. It helped that the dialogue was pretty realistic and sharp. It was also funny in places I wasn't expecting, but not distracting like it can sometimes be in Marvel films. The villain wasn't very memorable or impactful but he served his purpose. This was mostly about Strange's origins and hero's journey. I actually liked Tilda as The Ancient One. I know there was a big thing about white washing, and that sort of thing usually bothers me but here, I totally bought the whole idea of her being a Celtic mystic.
I really enjoyed her scenes in general, and that talk that she had with Strange when she was about to die was really powerful.
And even though I'm not really into CGI, these were really well done. You can tell a lot of time and thought went into making this film come to life.

Things I didn't really like -

The action scenes felt a big long. It's probably because I'm not a big fan of continuous CGI. All that magic and special effects felt a little trippy and repetitive at times. Probably looks really cool when you're high though. I also hate stories that revolve too much around time manipulation; it gives me a headache because I can't help but analyze all of the ways they may be screwing it up. It just sucks the fun out of a story for me because I can't turn my brain off and just enjoy it. That said though,
the endless time loop negotiation scene was cool. Although I really would have liked to have seen some of the consequences that Mordo spoke of. I also would have liked to seen more of a believable transition from Mordo being Strange's ally to him deciding to rid the world of wizards. That switch just seemed too abrupt and drastic.

Overall, I'd say this is better than Ant Man and worth the ticket price.
8 out of 10:ld:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
I'll type my paragraph review when Intet to the crib. But initially I'm saying it's Top 3 Marvel Orgin story.
It was funny, invigorating, mesmerizing. It was what I expected. The CGI though :ohlawd:

The Ancient one was dope as hell. We need more of her :whew:

I'm giving it a 8.5 out of 10 right now. Going to see it again In 3d Sunday

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed it.

Things I liked-

The acting was really good. Cumberbatch, Ejiofor, Tilda, and McAdams were all in top form. I totally forgot Cumberbatch was British, his American accent held steady. It helped that the dialogue was pretty realistic and sharp. It was also funny in places I wasn't expecting, but not distracting like it can sometimes be in Marvel films. The villain wasn't very memorable or impactful but he served his purpose. This was mostly about Strange's origins and hero's journey. I actually liked Tilda as The Ancient One. I know there was a big thing about white washing, and that sort of thing usually bothers me but here, I totally bought the whole idea of her being a Celtic mystic.
I really enjoyed her scenes in general, and that talk that she had with Strange when she was about to die was really powerful.
And even though I'm not really into CGI, these were really well done. You can tell a lot of time and thought went into making this film come to life.

Things I didn't really like -

The action scenes felt a big long. It's probably because I'm not a big fan of continuous CGI. All that magic and special effects felt a little trippy and repetitive at times. Probably looks really cool when you're high though. I also hate stories that revolve too much around time manipulation; it gives me a headache because I can't help but analyze all of the ways they may be screwing it up. It just sucks the fun out of a story for me because I can't turn my brain off and just enjoy it. That said though,
the endless time loop negotiation scene was cool. Although I really would have liked to have seen some of the consequences that Mordo spoke of. I also would have liked to seen more of a believable transition from Mordo being Strange's ally to him deciding to rid the world of wizards. That switch just seemed too abrupt and drastic.

Overall, I'd say this is better than Ant Man and worth the ticket price.
8 out of 10:ld:

:mjgrin: at you being able to do a review right now. I'm still trying to process things.:francis:

The only action scenes that felt lingering to me were the "inception" ones in the preview, I was like I've seen this :francis:, but the action scenes were pretty varied, and that was surprising to me, which I liked.

Had no issue with Mads as the villian, he was flushed out pretty well and was obviously a small fish (which could be the main critique) but had legit grievances. They could've def elaborated on why he and his followers thought the dark dimension was so great.

I thought Mordo was disappointing outside of the very end and the cut scene they had though, not necessarily due to his motivations though. The ancient one pretty much explained his perspective and having him looking up to her so much made sense his heel turn.:francis: