Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

calh45

Cal
Daps
Warner Bros. gave away a ton a of shyt to critics for BvS and it didn't help their reviews so not exactly pay for play.
Why isn't it a 98% or CW not a 90% cause of your singular differing opinion? It doesn't work that way.
Over 200 professional critics make up that score but you disagree therefore all their opinions are null and void. Get over yourself. lol

Over 200 critics' reviews are judged by a binary 1 or 0 then RT takes their simplification to make that into a score.

98% is damn near perfect. You're really gonna put this movie on top of Deadpool which is for sure the best comic book movie out this year? Deadpool got 84%

Funny shyt is happening and it's so funny style that the director of the fukking film himself basically tweeted for folks to chill on the score and only go to reviewers they actually trust, but you're pretending I'm the problem because I'm questioning people taking gifts from studios they're supposed to be critiquing. Have fun burying your head in the sand. I'll just keep brushing off arguments that a movie is good because RT says so like I have been.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Warner Bros. gave away a ton a of shyt to critics for BvS and it didn't help their reviews so not exactly pay for play.
Why isn't it a 98% or CW not a 90% cause of your singular differing opinion? It doesn't work that way.
Over 200 professional critics make up that score but you disagree therefore all their opinions are null and void. Get over yourself. lol

Strange will probably settle in between 93% - 89%.

People keep saying marvel uses the same formula.... well duh :mindblown:

If people like eating or drinking a brand why would you change the ingredients?

Marvel movies has the most broadest fan base than any other franchise out side of maybe Star Wars.

CW was a simple case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Not to mention their appetizer (Man of Steel) wasn't that hot.

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Over 200 critics' reviews are judged by a binary 1 or 0 then RT takes their simplification to make that into a score.

98% is damn near perfect. You're really gonna put this movie on top of Deadpool which is for sure the best comic book movie out this year? Deadpool got 84%

Right now it's 98% because there's less than 60 reviews. The average score right now is also 7.2. Deadpool's average score was 6.9, which is hardly a huge difference.

And Deadpool "for sure" being the best CMB this year is just one person's opinion

I also don't see how Civil War, with 9/10 people saying they liked it, is something that's outside the realm of possibility

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:mindblown: why are you guys taking RT so seriously

The fukking Witch has a 91% out of 259 reviews and a 7.8/10 rating but 55% of the audience liked it. I saw the movie months ago to see what the hype was about and it was the worst fukking movie i've seen this year :wtf: i could barley understand what anyone was saying. I don't even know how people put it in their top 10 horror films of the 2010s :what:

Hell the last best picture Oscar winner is a movie sitting at 82%

Just check out who you trust critic wise and go from there

Jards

All Star
Daps

Funny shyt is happening and it's so funny style that the director of the fukking film himself basically tweeted for folks to chill on the score and only go to reviewers they actually trust, but you're pretending I'm the problem because I'm questioning people taking gifts from studios they're supposed to be critiquing.
Have fun burying your head in the sand. I'll just keep brushing off arguments that a movie is good because RT says so like I have been.
If they're doing funny style shyt on RT why would the director then dismiss the platforms rating system? What would be the point in that?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:mindblown: why are you guys taking RT so seriously

The fukking Witch has a 91% out of 259 reviews and a 7.8/10 rating but 55% of the audience liked it. I saw the movie months ago to see what the hype was about and it was the worst fukking movie i've seen this year :wtf: i could barley understand what anyone was saying. I don't even know how people put it in their top 10 horror films of the 2010s :what:

Hell the last best picture Oscar winner is a movie sitting at 82%

Just check out who you trust critic wise and go from there

IT was a period piece and it had a level of authenticity that was unique for what they were trying to create. Of course the dialogue sucked but that's how people talked during those times.

We're so use to seeing movies about Egyptians but the actors are speaking English.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
yall really mad marvel keeps doing it doing it and doing it well

yall just need to let it go. yall dont like the movies, everybody else does, thats life get over it. i cant take another movie of yall spouting tin foil hat conspiracy theories

I don't know what people want other than to see Marvel take a major L for once :manny:

They thought Guardians would flop because it was a risk.
They thought Ant Man would flop because it was a risk.

Now this :russ:

The next solo flix haters can try to predict will flop at this point is.... Captain Marvel :troll: and you know they not gonna let that happen.

At the end of the day, misery loves company. The only comic book movie besides Civil War that got praise this year was Deadpool. And the sad part is Dr Strange wasn't heavily marketed and most people still don't know who he is or what he's about. I predict a lot of movie goers will be introduced like they were to Groot and Star Lord which will lead to more Marvel disciples in the U.S. and abroad :blessed:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Funny shyt is happening and it's so funny style that the director of the fukking film himself basically tweeted for folks to chill on the score and only go to reviewers they actually trust, but you're pretending I'm the problem because I'm questioning people taking gifts from studios they're supposed to be critiquing. Have fun burying your head in the sand. I'll just keep brushing off arguments that a movie is good because RT says so like I have been.

Uh I didn't see this movie so I really can't speak on Dr. Strange's current rating. But uh I THINK Civil War was better than Deadpool, does that mean I shouldn't pay attention to your opinion because I disagree with you about comic book movies this year? That's the idea you are forwarding. You don't agree with RT therefore you won't listen to anything they say even tho the scores are cumulative number of 200 singular opinions.
And a free movie ticket and some toys, books or something is not going to sway anyone's opinion man. Like I said it doesn't mean shyt. A lot of studios do it and not every movie gets a positive review. Who really has their head in the sand?

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw this and fell asleep midway through. That's not to say the movie sucked - I watched it while I was tired.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Pretty much. If you've seen any Marvel solo movie not written by Markus & McFeely and directed by the Russo's, you've seen most of what this movie has to offer.
That's disappointing to hear.

Despite my trolling in this thread I actually liked the trailer and was hoping for something more.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I won't spoil anything but I liked it and if anybody got any Q's, just ask

I do have some Q's though............. in the comics, how powerful is Strange supposed to be?

also, how do the comics describe his magic, like, where it comes from?