Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Daps
Scott Derrickson is so underrated. Even I was like "huh?" when he got the job. But it looks like he's finally getting to fully flex.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
someone might drop the universes within featurette in here, and if so SPOILER ALERT, there's trippy stuff spoiled in that vid. Just a heads up.

Jards

All Star
Daps
CsdOsEAVIAA69ry.jpg
Strange swagging out in the Louis V cape :ehh:

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
The imax preview was :whew:

Certainly was. Brehs at the risk of being premature/too hype based on fragments this has the potential to be if not the best Marvel film, near the top. I'm talking AVENGERS and OG IRON MAN. (I think most of them are meh to decent. And naw, I ain't especially a DC stan either.) Here's my breakdown:

The plus:

1) Derrickson - whose work I don't know shyt about - appears to be the right helmsman. His command of actors and the frame is clearly better than most of the usual crew Marvel's hired. Like Nolan's Batmans and Jenkins' WONDER WOMAN he may actually be raising the game of the "comic book" film.

2) Cast - appears excellent, also better than most Marvel prods. Cumberbatch of course, but also Ejiofor as Mordo, Wong as Wong :lolbron:, and Mads as Kaecilius, on and on.

3) Visually this is a cut above. He even got the Ditko shyt poppin in the astral world in a way that really uses the potential of CGI that most things don't. 3-D is actually the way I wanna see this entire piece, and I don't say that about almost all new movies.

4) The script and story from what I can tell, although they hit the expected origin story beats, looks like it may be pretty tight. The hype about them deepening the Marvel multiverse mythos might actually live up to the reality. And if this is a success, I want more than just one DOCTOR movie - he deserves it

The unsure/minus:

1) Music. But this is a problem in nearly all new big budget films - couldn't get a sense of how good or what it will be

2) Tilda as The Ancient One - I had no problem with her atypical casting and like her work, but if they just make her another Untouchable Yoda and Ms. Exposition it'll be a letdown. I hope she shows the same dimensionality in the script and the performance as the other supporting cast

3) Rachel McAdams as the love interest - wait and see whether she rises above type.

4) Pacing of the trippy shyt/action scenes - even though I meant my praise for Derrickson and how this stuff looks, I hope we get some 2001-type shyt where we can soak in some of the trippiness and not just the slam-bang-Disney-jerk-ride cliches that are too prevalent in fantasy/sci-fi/action films today where you see something for 3 seconds and then get pushed to the next thing which exhausts the mind and kills the vibe. Give us that sense of wonder so some REAL Third Eyes might open up out there (shout out to the students of the esoteric and those who will be keyed in by this story).

I wish I had the means to go overseas and see it early. :blessed: :feedme:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
This got the tranny bytch mikkleson and benny...of course its gonna ge one of the better marvel films