Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think Marvel did this out of necessity. If they had the rights to Spider-man and the X-Men properties believe me we would be on our 8 Wolverine and Spider-man films. They were forced to be creative and it paid off.

This should be a good movie. Can't wait

Ironically it's the same thing they did with the original Avengers comic book, which was created for the sole purpose of bringing more attention to and boosting the popularity of B/C-class Marvel characters. Without the movie rights to their A-list properties, Marvel just took that blueprint and applied it to their movies.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Doctor Strange been on that type of stuff since the 70s. Not Nolan influence, it's just straight from the comics

Nah... the comics be on that spaced-out-trippy-shyt... more like FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS type shyt.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wait a minute:dwillhuh:

I just found something interesting. For those who said "bu bu bu bu but Dr. Strange is copying Batman Begins"

So if BB is canon to the origin and Dr. Strange is going to be canon to the origin, then egg or chicken?:patrice:

Well apparently in the comics.... Dr Strange debuted in 1963 during the Silver age of comics. Ras Al Ghul and the League didnt debut till 1971 in the next age.:sas2:

Now I'm trynna find another source other than BB that Bruce did travel to the Far East to train and learn from foreign teachers, but thus far..... it's really kinda looking like Batman and DC stole from Strange and Marvel. :mjpls:

I'm gonna continue my research but if some DC stans have some info, now would be a great time to drop some shyt like "no no no... See back in 1959 there was a comic where Batman.....":lolbron: Cuz its looking like this "copying BB claims" is about to cease and desist.:sas1:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wait a minute:dwillhuh:

I just found something interesting. For those who said "bu bu bu bu but Dr. Strange is copying Batman Begins"

So if BB is canon to the origin and Dr. Strange is going to be canon to the origin, then egg or chicken?:patrice:

Well apparently in the comics.... Dr Strange debuted in 1963 during the Silver age of comics. Ras Al Ghul and the League didnt debut till 1971 in the next age.:sas2:

Now I'm trynna find another source other than BB that Bruce did travel to the Far East to train and learn from foreign teachers, but thus far..... it's really kinda looking like Batman and DC stole from Strange and Marvel. :mjpls:

I'm gonna continue my research but if some DC stans have some info, now would be a great time to drop some shyt like "no no no... See back in 1959 there was a comic where Batman.....":lolbron: Cuz its looking like this "copying BB claims" is about to cease and desist.:sas1:
They both stole the idea from Lost Horizon (which was published in the 1933) so nobody wins this round of the Marvel/DC Fan Wars.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They both stole the idea from Lost Horizon (which was published in the 1933) so nobody wins this round of the Marvel/DC Fan Wars.

Doing my research..... damn you mentioning shyt not even my great grandparents knew about......:leon:

Tell me friend, how did you come to learn/assume this?:lupe:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Doing my research..... damn you mentioning shyt not even my great grandparents knew about......:leon:

I'm a nerd and I used to be deep into old school pulp comics like The Shadow and stuff and a lot of them were all inspired by Lost Horizon, at least the "rich white guy travels to the Far East for training/fulfillment/purpose" thing.
Actually there is a character from the 1940s called The Green Lama that basically did the whole white guy learns magic in Tibet thing.
s17YreW.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

All of that is just history. Almost the entire superhero genre was inspired by 20s-30s pulp/adventure novels. A 1930 novel called Gladiator is generally considered as one of the biggest inspirations on superheroes in general and Superman in particular, and Batman of course was heavily inspired by Zorro.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm a nerd and I used to be deep into old school pulp comics like The Shadow and stuff and a lot of them were all inspired by Lost Horizon, at least the "rich white guy travels to the Far East for training/fulfillment/purpose" thing.
Actually there is a character from the 1940s called The Green Lama that basically did the whole white guy learns magic in Tibet thing.
s17YreW.jpg
A green lama movie :banderas:

Shoutout to that habit that. Specific as hell :pachaha: but cool :salute:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:scust2: @ The Ancient One being a wrinkly white woman.

The ancient one can be whatever it wants. If the ancient one is trying to secure that 45 - 60 white woman demographic to ensure another marvel box office success.. who are we to judge :blessed:

When it comes to Marvel's logic breh.....

:shaq:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Interview with Dr. Strange film writer C. Robert Cargill

Starts at 1:36:40

Some highlights:
Ancient One was made into a white female to keep the film from having too much controversy over any other choice they would have made (ie the possiblity of alienating China based on who they picked, SJWs getting angry at Stephen learning his ways from the "oritent", etc) and also taking advantage of making one of the most powerful Marvel characters a woman

Dr. Strange will "exist on it's own" to feel less cluttered like the other Marvel films

It will be "crazy" and the teaser really shows nothing about the dark realm and other dimensions

Marvel Studios is full of comic fans who know their stuff

A lot of the things they had in their first pitch are going to be saved for the second film to ease audiences in

Marvel is constantly trying to do something different with each series and their only "formula" is finding good talent to direct their movies