Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm :dead: at "does every super hero need a back story?"

When it's Dr. Strange, yes. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to comics and I couldn't tell you his back ground to save my life. Nobody I knew read his comics when I was a kid.

Fred.

Pick up the new series that just started. It's maybe 6-7issues in. It's lit. :banderas:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was never a huge fan of magic based characters in marvel or DC. Was always very immeasurable and seemed very inconsistent compared to other powers.

Since it doesn't necessarily have to follow the rules of reality it could be as strong or as weak as the plot needed it to be. I didn't care for that.

I do like how they handled asgardian pseudo-magic though. That's feels a lot more tangible.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm :dead: at "does every super hero need a back story?"

When it's Dr. Strange, yes. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to comics and I couldn't tell you his back ground to save my life. Nobody I knew read his comics when I was a kid.

Fred.

Blade did it. Or at least, Blade started with Blade already in action and the entire vampire world being shook of his ass, and throughout the movie you got a couple flashbacks that revealed his backstory. Point is, does every superhero need a full movie dedicated to their origin, or should studios find their balls back and trust the audience a bit?

How come none of you have heard of Doctor Strange. :mindblown: Granted he wasnt my favorite book growing up but I know the basics of the character. He used to be a world class surgeon until he got into a car accident and fukked up his hands and nerves so bad he could never practice surgery or medicine again. Fell into a massive depression, started seeing weird shyt and went to find himself and why he could see ghosts and shyt.

Wasn't it more like he started investigating alternative ways to heal his hands and that's how he got to researching magic and mysticism?:jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Blade did it. Or at least, Blade started with Blade already in action and the entire vampire world being shook of his ass, and throughout the movie you got a couple flashbacks that revealed his backstory. Point is, does every superhero need a full movie dedicated to their origin, or should studios find their balls back and trust the audience a bit?

Wasn't it more like he started investigating alternative ways to heal his hands and that's how he got to researching magic and mysticism?:jbhmm:

Yeah that too... He figured there was someone out there who could heal his hands... :ohhh: The cartoon origin differs from the comic book origin it seems...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
JumcSMu.png

:dead:
Saitama.....
:mjlol::deadmanny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

"My mom got bit by a vampire and I'm a hybrid" is a hell of a lot easier to short hand than Dr. Strange's story though.

Spider-Man or Superman needing origins in multiple reboots? I understand the frustration. Dr. Strange? Nah....can't say I see a reason to do it any other way, than "here is the origin".

And I'm :dead: at "find their balls". Marvel is on a roll but Dr. Strange isn't the movie you start experimenting with, any more than Ant-Man.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
"My mom got bit by a vampire and I'm a hybrid" is a hell of a lot easier to short hand than Dr. Strange's story though.

Spider-Man or Superman needing origins in multiple reboots? I understand the frustration. Dr. Strange? Nah....can't say I see a reason to do it any other way, than "here is the origin".

And I'm :dead: at "find their balls". Marvel is on a roll but Dr. Strange isn't the movie you start experimenting with, any more than Ant-Man.

Fred.

I'd say Dr Strange offers every opportunity to start experimenting with, especially after that subatomic scene in Antman opened the door for more "out there" concepts.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The trailer was just enough for me right now. Gonna be a day 1 in Imax in 3D - which i never do 3D or Imax on the first viewing.

All that being said I really have to tip my hat to Marvel. Amazing how they've turned their B & C tier properties into "must see" status event movies.

while our friends over at the Distinguished Competition, have not gotten Wonder Woman (one third of their "Trinity") on the big screen yet - yes I know she's dropping next summer, but the fact the Transformers bullied them out of the slot :francis:

I mean DOCTOR FRIGGIN' STRANGE has a movie coming out ahead of Wonder Woman????:mjlol:

I think Marvel did this out of necessity. If they had the rights to Spider-man and the X-Men properties believe me we would be on our 8 Wolverine and Spider-man films. They were forced to be creative and it paid off.

This should be a good movie. Can't wait