Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
They also made a white guy Black (Baron Mordo) so we cool. :lolbron:
Asians got Wong and some high level martial artist in this so they wanted to up the female quotient.
They do need to fukk with more Latins and Persians/Arabs though in the MCU. lol

Marvel also made Hogun the Grim Asian in those Thor movies, when he is white in the comics and historically.

Both are supplemental characters so Asians broke even... :sas2:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's interesting cats on here keep making these Batman begins references with this movie and I don't get it.:dwillhuh:

Like didn't from his origin and in the cartoon, how he got his powers and the trials he went through go something like this? :patrice:

Or did Marvel really just copy an 11 year old movie and the real way Dr. Strange got his powers was being in the same place as the F4, or another spider bit him too with Parker, or or or is it a serum that gave him his powers or his suit?:leon:

Help me out brehs!!! I would really like to know? :sas2:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I think that's what it may be. Which is odd considering all these weird ass powers comic book characters have. Although I do fukks with Pixie and Magik. But eh They X-Men so...

I was just thinking that was a random assortment of characters to hate, because the only tangible link I could see between Dr. Strange, Iron Fist and Thor is that they are all magic users to some degree and/or derive their powers from a magical source.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marvel also made Hogun the Grim Asian in those Thor movies, when he is white in the comics and historically.

Both are supplemental characters so Asians broke even... :sas2:
The original design inspiration for Hogun that Stan Lee came up with was for him to look like Charles Bronson and his backstory is that he is not of the same Asgardian race as Thor or the other Warrior's Three but from a "far off land" that was conquered by an evil wizard.
I always thought the character looked Mongolian.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's interesting cats on here keep making these Batman begins references with this movie and I don't get it.:dwillhuh:

Like didn't from his origin and in the cartoon, how he got his powers and the trials he went through go something like this? :patrice:

Or did Marvel really just copy an 11 year old movie and the real way Dr. Strange got his powers was being in the same place as the F4, or another spider bit him too with Parker, or or or is it a serum that gave him his powers or his suit?:leon:

Help me out brehs!!! I would really like to know? :sas2:

Na, I see it. This trailer is a cross between Batman Begins and Inception with a little Interstellar sprinkled on top. Loved Batman Begins and Inception so I ain't mad at all.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The original design inspiration for Hogun that Stan Lee came up with was for him to look like Charles Bronson and his backstory is that he is not of the same Asgardian race as Thor or the other Warrior's Three but from a "far off land" that was conquered by an evil wizard.
I always thought the character looked Mongolian.

Yeah they claimed he was a Vinar or whatever that race is in Asgard in the movie lore, but he was commonly depicted as a white guy for decades. Also Marvel made one of the Howling Commandos Asian as well. I wouldn't think they would go out of their way to change the race of a character unless there was a storyline reason or she just knocked the audition out of the park.

I completely get the annoyance of casting a significant character like The Ancient One as not Asian but I don't think it would have been done unless for a reason. Marvel's track record with diversity is pretty good and they have built up a large cache of credibility with their consistently good product, so I'm willing to see where they go with this.