Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So is Ejiofor actually confirmed to be playing Baron Mordo or not? because Mads Mikkelsen's character description and role sounds exactly like Baron Mordo :dahell:

4756261-3029770-2055789-637558_dormammu_super.jpg

4598683-8454444014-dorma.jpg

:demonic:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
DOCTOR STRANGE: Chiwetel Ejiofor Reveals Whether 'Baron Mordo' Is A Hero Or Villain

129398.jpg

While we now know that Mads Mikkelsen will be Doctor Strange's big bad (even if we don't know who exactly he's playing), where does that leave Karl Mordo? The Baron is trained by The Ancient One in the comic books, but when Stephen Strange discovers his plan to kill his mentor, a lifelong rivalry is created as a result. Will things play out on the big screen in a similar manner though? "In terms of his life with the Ancient One, it’s this long and intense relationship they have that’s just very deep and very connected," Chiwetel Ejiofor explained when asked by Entertainment Weeklyabout Mordo's ties to The Ancient One. "I think they both recognize in Strange this certain quality that they feel is going to be very useful in a situation they’re in — just by the nature of who he is, and the way that he operates, and the way his mind works, and the certain skill set and personality that he has. So, when they all meet, they realize that he’s somebody that can be plugged into this very surreal, interesting, sort of fascinating circumstance that they’re all in, and the dangers that they face. It becomes a process of assimilating him into their ways of life."

He sounds more like an ally than an enemy in that case, and it could be that Marvel will take a slow burn approach to turning Mordo into one of Strange's most fearsome foes. We likely won't find that out until next November, but when the actor was asked specifically if he's a hero or villain, Ejiofor responded: "Oh, he’s a very complex character that, really, I don’t think can be nailed down either way, you know. I guess it’s something to experience, is what I’d say..."

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Tilda Swinton Reveals The Gender Of 'The Ancient One' In DOCTOR STRANGE

129395.jpg

In the comic books, The Ancient One is portrated as being an elderly Asian man, so what's up with casting the amazingly talented Tilda Swinton to play the character in Doctor Strange? Well, like The Mandarin before her, it seems as if Marvel wanted to move away from portraying the Sorcerer Supreme's mentor in such a stereotypical fashion. "We are always looking for ways to change,"explains Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "I think if you look at some of the early incarnations of the Ancient One in the comics, they are what we would consider today to be quite, sort of, stereotypical. They don’t hold up to what would work today. Also, within the storyline of the comics, and our movie, ‘the Ancient One’ is a title that many people have had. We hit very early on on, What if the Ancient One was a woman? What if the title had been passed and the current Ancient One is a woman? Oh, that’s an interesting idea. [Clicks fingers.] Tilda Swinton! Whoah!"

"And it just hit."

However, while that appears to clear things up, it still doesn't sound as if Swinton will necessarily be playing the character as a woman. "Look, she’s a chameleon in everything she does," Feige continued when asked about the Snowpiercer star. "She has this amazing [ability to] harness of this androgynous sense. So, we use the term ‘her’ and ‘she’ in the film but, other than that, it’s very androgynous. Because it doesn’t matter." So, she will be a she, but Doctor Strange is definitely approaching The Ancient One in a very unique way. In fact, when Swinton herself was asked about whether her character is male or female, she teased: "I wouldn’t know how to answer that one. I think it’s all in the eye of the beholder..."

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
DOCTOR STRANGE: Chiwetel Ejiofor Reveals Whether 'Baron Mordo' Is A Hero Or Villain

129398.jpg

While we now know that Mads Mikkelsen will be Doctor Strange's big bad (even if we don't know who exactly he's playing), where does that leave Karl Mordo? The Baron is trained by The Ancient One in the comic books, but when Stephen Strange discovers his plan to kill his mentor, a lifelong rivalry is created as a result. Will things play out on the big screen in a similar manner though? "In terms of his life with the Ancient One, it’s this long and intense relationship they have that’s just very deep and very connected," Chiwetel Ejiofor explained when asked by Entertainment Weeklyabout Mordo's ties to The Ancient One. "I think they both recognize in Strange this certain quality that they feel is going to be very useful in a situation they’re in — just by the nature of who he is, and the way that he operates, and the way his mind works, and the certain skill set and personality that he has. So, when they all meet, they realize that he’s somebody that can be plugged into this very surreal, interesting, sort of fascinating circumstance that they’re all in, and the dangers that they face. It becomes a process of assimilating him into their ways of life."

He sounds more like an ally than an enemy in that case, and it could be that Marvel will take a slow burn approach to turning Mordo into one of Strange's most fearsome foes. We likely won't find that out until next November, but when the actor was asked specifically if he's a hero or villain, Ejiofor responded: "Oh, he’s a very complex character that, really, I don’t think can be nailed down either way, you know. I guess it’s something to experience, is what I’d say..."
Russo Bros got some problems now, Dr. Strange bout to capture the throne for best comic movie :banderas: