Official Diablo 3 thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So they sent out 3000 beta keys to the new expansion yesterday + friends and family. Theres no disclosure on it so people can stream it..

1. a new class, like paladin from Diablo 2 (called tempest, even has the spell Zeal)

2. You can now way point across acts/levels like in Diablo 2 (dont have to leave the game)

3. they added runes :snoop:

4. Theres an Act 5 now

5. Can reforge items :snoop: so if you get an item with +10 strength, you can reforge that to +10 int :snoop:

6. Theres no auction house

doubt anyone cares though, last post here was july 26th :russ:

game was trash :camby:

biggest flop in blizzard history :camby:

rightfully so since it was too friendly and casual compared to other diablos :camby:

had the admins on blizzard forums talking about no one even cared about PVP in diablo 2 :why: :camby:

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
The thing is. If they make the expansion like the console version of D3 it will be incredible.

Apparently the console version could be up for game of the year.

Was watching a stream for a bit this morning. It made me want to play it again. Not gonna lie. No beta invite for me though(yet).

I played Hearthstone though.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The thing is. If they make the expansion like the console version of D3 it will be incredible.

Apparently the console version could be up for game of the year.

Was watching a stream for a bit this morning. It made me want to play it again. Not gonna lie. No beta invite for me though(yet).

I played Hearthstone though.

they only sent out 3000 invites

tempest class looks fun but unless PVP is the end game theres no point to doing anything in diablo... period..

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
The crusader even has blessed hammer like skill. The demon hunter looks insanely op and almost makes me want to come back but I've moved on to POE. As badly optimized as that game is its almost as fun as d2 and shyts on anything Blizzard can come up with at this point

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The crusader even has blessed hammer like skill. The demon hunter looks insanely op and almost makes me want to come back but I've moved on to POE. As badly optimized as that game is its almost as fun as d2 and shyts on anything Blizzard can come up with at this point

I just couldnt get into POE :manny:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I just couldnt get into POE :manny:

At first I couldn't either. I think its because there is so much to learn and the game doesn't really teach you anything. After you get past that point you appreciate how much depth the game has. I admit its not for everyone but anyone who enjoyed d2 and was disappointed by d3 should try POE.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Fundamentally d3 has excellent gameplay.

It's the babying of the character development that is bad. Everything is on autopilot except items

The only thing determining how good someone is how often they play or how well they auction :bryan:

That hasn't really changed with the exp. their push for casual gamers just made d3 a one to two playthrough experience

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So the expansion comes out March 25th :stopitslime:

Blizzard track history of releasing games a week before or week after another big release is getting pretty fukking annoying :stopitslime:

This shyt started back when Everquest 2 was dropping and World of Warcraft came and stole all the hype :pachaha:

and ever since then theyve strategically timed all their expansions or big patch updates for World of Warcraft and other game releases around the time of other big releases :stopitslime:

Its obvious they did the 3/25/2014 release because Elder Scrolls Online is coming out 4/4/2014.. If Elder Scrolls Online said the release date was 05/04/2014 instead then the diablo 3 expansion would of came out 04/25/2014... they do this shyt all the time.. cant blame cause its smart business move but fukk em from a consumer stand point for doing it :pacspit:

Blizzard been :troll: the gaming industry for a decade straight now... Watch whatever big name game comes out in November or October of this year and announces the official date Blizzard will announce the next World of Warcraft expansion release date a week after. Then in 2015 when the first big games come out in Spring watch Blizzard release the next Starcraft expansion or their new MOBA game announce date a week or two after the announcement and itll be a week before or after the actual release date

they aint slick :pacspit:

the expansion is also $39.99 :camby: is this gonna be the new bull shyt DLC hype we gotta expect in 2014 and going forward :camby:

Expansions are almost always $20 or $30 at the most.. only Blizzard charged $39.99 for some of their games cause it was big updates.. the Diablo 3 expansion aint worth $39.99 :camby: it adds 1 new class and 1 new act .. thats it.. Diablo 2 expansion added 1 new act and 2 new classes and was $29.99 and not to mention was a 10000000000x better game

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
this game suffers from lack of character development

no permanence in anything at all. all RPGs are about character building i dont know why people think finding loot is fun. Its cool when shyt drops but get higher level and beating bosses and other players was a tried and true recipe

all that said the actual gameplay is phenomenal its the fact that this plays like a single play through game that is discouraging.

whats wild is i had more fun playing through the game from the start than trying to level in inferno not because of the difficulty but the sensation of progressing with new skills :to:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
this game suffers from lack of character development

no permanence in anything at all. all RPGs are about character building i dont know why people think finding loot is fun. Its cool when shyt drops but get higher level and beating bosses and other players was a tried and true recipe

all that said the actual gameplay is phenomenal its the fact that this plays like a single play through game that is discouraging.

whats wild is i had more fun playing through the game from the start than trying to level in inferno not because of the difficulty but the sensation of progressing with new skills :to:

it needed real pvp.. then it woulda been a worth while game

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Game is/will still be trash. The expansion won't magically make it a Diablo game.