Official Deadpool Thread

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Just saw this.. don't wanna say it was trash.. guess just underwhelming

My expectations where to high with all the praise and money it got.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
13076546_818664238277700_3276430163370344293_n.jpg

For three straight years, my friend, Connor McGrath drop-kicked cancer... Not sure how... Maybe the cancer cheated... But the fight came to an end two nights ago.

In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine how hard this is for his parents Kim and Gerald - along with his extended family in Newfoundland.

Connor was 13. But this kid... He was smart. He was funny. And not just funny 'for a kid' - or funny 'for a person battling something awful'. He was unqualified funny. He had that... thing.

That thing you see in great performers or comedy writers. A running commentary/observational skill people are just lucky to be born with.

He went way too early and it's impossible to reconcile. Connor was a great friend, a great son, and a light to the people lucky enough to know him. While repeatedly punching cancer in the balls, he made everyone laugh. Including the entire staff who cared for him at Edmonton's Stollery Children's Hospital.

It was the Make-A-Wish Foundation that brought us together. I can't thank them enough. Seriously. Thank you. Because of his wish, Connor was the first person to see Deadpool. I traveled up to Edmonton, Alberta to surprise him with a rough cut of the film. There were still huge sections with wires we hadn't yet painted out, jokes which weren't working (and still aren't) and green screens. Connor didn't seem to mind. And I'd never felt luckier to get to be Wade Wilson.

***Before you jump down my throat for showing a 13 year old an R-Rated film, please know this kid knew more swear words than a British chef.

I went back to Edmonton 6 weeks later and I wish I could say things were looking up. After my visit, I didn't know if I was saying goodbye or see ya later. Sitting here now, I realize it was both.

I'm grateful I got to orbit Connor's world for a brief time. Grateful for the pages and pages of hilarious texts between us. Grateful to his parents for allowing Connor to spend time with a foul-mouthed child in the body of a 39 year old.

I called Connor, "Bubba". And he called me "Bubba2". We met because he loved Deadpool. In a certain sense he WAS Deadpool. Or, at least everything Deadpool aspires to be; balancing pain, fearlessness, love and a filthy (filthy!) sense of humor in one body. I wish he could've stuck around a lot longer.

If you'd like to donate to The Make-A-Wish Foundation, I can pretty much guarantee, your money's going to a damn good place. These people do not suck. They are heroic. Full stop. Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta - Donate Now

My deepest condolences and thanks to Kim, Gerald and the entire clan McGrath -- who loved this little boy so very well. And thankfully, Connor knew it.

See ya down the road, Bubba.

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

NO-2.gif

Fred.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

For three straight years, my friend, Connor McGrath drop-kicked cancer... Not sure how... Maybe the cancer cheated... But the fight came to an end two nights ago.

In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine how hard this is for his parents Kim and Gerald - along with his extended family in Newfoundland.

Connor was 13. But this kid... He was smart. He was funny. And not just funny 'for a kid' - or funny 'for a person battling something awful'. He was unqualified funny. He had that... thing.

That thing you see in great performers or comedy writers. A running commentary/observational skill people are just lucky to be born with.

He went way too early and it's impossible to reconcile. Connor was a great friend, a great son, and a light to the people lucky enough to know him. While repeatedly punching cancer in the balls, he made everyone laugh. Including the entire staff who cared for him at Edmonton's Stollery Children's Hospital.

It was the Make-A-Wish Foundation that brought us together. I can't thank them enough. Seriously. Thank you. Because of his wish, Connor was the first person to see Deadpool. I traveled up to Edmonton, Alberta to surprise him with a rough cut of the film. There were still huge sections with wires we hadn't yet painted out, jokes which weren't working (and still aren't) and green screens. Connor didn't seem to mind. And I'd never felt luckier to get to be Wade Wilson.

***Before you jump down my throat for showing a 13 year old an R-Rated film, please know this kid knew more swear words than a British chef.

I went back to Edmonton 6 weeks later and I wish I could say things were looking up. After my visit, I didn't know if I was saying goodbye or see ya later. Sitting here now, I realize it was both.

I'm grateful I got to orbit Connor's world for a brief time. Grateful for the pages and pages of hilarious texts between us. Grateful to his parents for allowing Connor to spend time with a foul-mouthed child in the body of a 39 year old.

I called Connor, "Bubba". And he called me "Bubba2". We met because he loved Deadpool. In a certain sense he WAS Deadpool. Or, at least everything Deadpool aspires to be; balancing pain, fearlessness, love and a filthy (filthy!) sense of humor in one body. I wish he could've stuck around a lot longer.

If you'd like to donate to The Make-A-Wish Foundation, I can pretty much guarantee, your money's going to a damn good place. These people do not suck. They are heroic. Full stop. Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta - Donate Now

My deepest condolences and thanks to Kim, Gerald and the entire clan McGrath -- who loved this little boy so very well. And thankfully, Connor knew it.

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

A beautifully well written eulogy for the lil' dude. I'm glad that he got to see his favorite comic book character, like how he was supposed to be, before he passed. :rip:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

RIP young man

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:beli:

But on the real...........the price on the SB is making me a little :aicmon:
I feel like a traitor but i did the ultraviolet thing for 2 or 3 movies from last year that i liked but didnt love. Feel the same about this flick.

Space is getting limited

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Copping, hopefully there's more footage on the BR

Probably not a ton of footage unfortunately....BUT, the commentaries could be :krs:
6949_tn.jpg

And for anyone who cares, pre-order for the BestBuy steelbook edition is $19.99....at least for now. Was $29.99 yesterday & rumored to be $24.99 on release date.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
How about that DIVX from circuit city with the rental DVDs that would erase or burn or whatever it was after you watched them
or how about a 1gb usb with the movie in VCD format
Never even heard of that shyt until a couple of years ago. What a weird idea.