Official Deadpool Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Compare it to ANY other superhero film...or blockbuster for that matter...and the relationship and emotional stakes of this felt far more real and earned.

It really doesn't. It just parodies clichés so what happens is that the feebler mind tricks itself into thinking that because it is self aware of its clichés, it must be better than clichés.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
just saw this yesterday -
worth every penny -
negative fukks given the entire 2 hours.
Was like the comic on steroids.

Plus

That is exactly how I envisioned colossus looking and sounding on the big screen.
Give these people the x-men franchise next.
at least they can give us decent uniforms and get the core character on screen correctly.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I would die of laughter if every scene with Deadpool and Cable is Cable exploding Deadpools brains out
:russ:
N2cX8aZ.png

shyt could be the best buddy comedy since Rush Hour

Bring Dru Hill back for the soundtrack:deadmanny:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
This movie may fcuk around and do a billion worldwide!?:wow: I want to see this movie in Japan but it doesn't come out until June!!!:mjcry::sadcam: Luckily I can watch on base this Thursday. Can't wait.:wow:

Ugh.....well so much for being able to see it on base. Just found out today that they switched Thursday's showing with the Revenant.:mjcry: Sh!t, the only way for me to see it legally is to wait until June. Can't for the for the life of me understand why they would wait so long to do that. :mjcry: Ah well, it is what it is.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Even with pretty high expectations, this was a success :blessed:

The most surprising part was just how emotional, and honestly romantic, the film was.

I'll def need to see this again. I missed the bridge fight with Collosus because I was crying from laughter :laff:
Honestly, it's the best love story-ish comic book movie in my opinion.

The banter between the two was so fast paced that I missed at least half of it. They were both hilarious and fukked up to the point that you could get behind the basic story premise that the movie follows.

This movie is pretty much about a mercenary and a prostitute with a sick sense of humor who falls in love and then tragedy hits

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
It really doesn't. It just parodies clichés so what happens is that the feebler mind tricks itself into thinking that because it is self aware of its clichés, it must be better than clichés.

I don't think the relationship with Vanessa was entirely cliche though. Parodying the "through the seasons" cliche of a new romance didn't feel like the "self-aware" beats in the rest of the film. To me, it played like a crass, original spin on the idea, rather than straight-forward parody like something from They Came Together. Same with his struggle to face her again.