Official Deadpool Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked how they were pg13 but everyone else else was r

I'm glad you caught that. I noticed it as well, especially when the entire thing MOCKS at all of the other superhero genre films. Colossus pleading Deadpool to join the X-Men was their meta-allegory of how the studios pleaded for this film to be PG-13 like X-Men instead of Rated R. And the writers (like Deadpool to Colossus) bucking against it. There's so may layers to what the writers were trying to do that I need more views to get them all, but I caught plenty.

Juven

All Star
Daps
movie was generic

good jokes but story was whack. Really cant expect much from these super hero films. it all went downhill after the highway scene, and having collossus in the film was random as fukk. Its like they picked 2 xmen out of a hat. Reyolds was a good dead pool

6.5/10

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention
He had the shytty Deadpool toy from Origins
:pachaha:
that cracked the whole theater up.

My theater and theaters around my area where probably the only ones who were :mjlol: at the sacramento Monachs tandem diving joke. It was cool to here a shout out to my city in a movie.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Great fukkin movie. My cousin put me on deadpool along time ago. He passed on september so this movie really hit home. He woulda loved this.

Ryan reynolds is a underrated actor imo. Dude has dramatic range, as displayed in "safe house". But deadpool is just him in all aspects. If you look back at his movie "just friends", thats basically deadpool.

that stan lee cameo

:russ:

The fourth wall where he acknowledged both professor x's by their real names

:pachaha:

Deadpool and cable

:blessed:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm going to have to see this again because I know I missed dome dialogue with everyone laughing but the movie was incredibly entertaining. It operated as a nice spoof of comic book flicks while also being a good comic book flick itself which is exactly what a deadpool comic book is. Ryan was pitch perfect in this, even in the quieter moments where he was actually going through some shyt rather than making jokes. The main love story is a little thin but it serves it's purpose of just being the springboard to jokes, dope action, and some very good X men/deadpool team up stuff.

There's a dirtiness and dingy quality to the movie that really work for it too. It's like all other comic book flicks are Life After Death and this was Ready to Die. Or comparing illmatic to It Was Written. There's no polish to it, but that's in a very very good way. And since it looks like they've got s huge hit on their hands, I hope they don't pretty it up for the next one although I'm sure they'll have a bigger budget which is great since

Cable is going to be in the next one

Definitely one of my favorite comic book flicks and I will be seeing it again

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah for what it was it was cool. Some very funny parts, but not as consistently funny as I anticipated. Ryan Reynolds and TJ Miller were excellent in their scenes together. I almost wish they were a team.
It's great to see a project people fought to make come out well quality wise and do well financially.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Every showing was sold out at my theater yesterday. We had to catch the second to last showing.