Official Deadpool Thread

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Damn my fault for being human and having a different opinion from the majority..... Sometimes I forget this site is a public forum the way y'all cats be acting

A lot of people felt the same way after the SDCC trailer leaked :manny:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
First Batman vs. superman upped their game, now Deadpool of all people? And Civil War on the way?

:cook:
:eat:

giphy.gif

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
your name is yoda and you're going to wait 2 weeks to watch a star wars movie? :what:

Well, i may not have time during those 2 weeks. plans and shyt. but best beileve ill be in that hoe - i may pay double the price just because.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Jokes looked forced ...cursing just cuz they can...action looks fukking dope tho

Pretty much how I feel. So far no sign whatsoever they'll properly get into the tragic aspect of the character. I know they try to sell the movie but pure-comedy Deadpool has always sucked balls because without the balance the character falls apart.

Speaking of:

THE OFFER

"That’s Jed Rees, who plays The Recruiter. He was great. He was the main alien in Galaxy Quest: that’s what I knew him from! He did a good job of being creepy and syrupy sweet. The 'superhero' thing is a big issue for fans of Deadpool, and certainly with us. Deadpool’s not a superhero. He doesn’t want to be a superhero. He doesn’t like superheroes. So the whole idea of him potentially becoming a superhero is treated with disdain. We recorded a voiceover this morning where Wade is like, 'Even if you have cancer, just murdered a man in Mexico and you’re on the brink of death, if someone offers you the choice to become a superhero, the answer should be no...'"

Not feeling this at all. Deadpool has low-key always had admiration for other superheroes, mostly because he knows that inherently he can never live up to their morals. That's part of what makes him so tragic, he's two steps away from becoming a good person fully aware that he can't take those steps. So while Deadpool certainly isn't a superhero, I feel like they do the character wrong if they don't have him come around to the idea of being (or at least wishing he could be) a hero.