Official Dead Space 3 Thread (Tag Spoilers, Please)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Its around the corner yall. Already leaked on 360 and pc. PS3 always leaks last. Game informer will be giving the game a 7.5. Why? Because its too long and not creepy enough. At least we have a nice lengthly campaign to look forward too. Wanting a game to end early. fakkit ass ADHD gamers. Im not a bytch so this game will not creep me out but im sure i will suffer PTSD from the insanity in this game.

The first Dead Space 3 review has been leaked to the Internet. The review, written by Game Informer, gives the soon-to-be-released action-horror game a 7.75 out of 10.

DS3 is set on the icy planet of Tau Volantis, as well as spaceships orbiting the world. The GI review (via neogaf) says that one of these ships isn't as exciting a setting as Dead Space 2's The Sprawl. They also criticize the atmosphere of the game, saying it's not as creepy as the first two Dead Space titles.

The game takes the series in a third-person shooter direction. On Tau Volantis, players will have to fight Unitologist soldiers in addition to the usual horde of Necromorphs. GI criticized the gunfights against the Unitologists, saying they were executed poorly and didn't fit the game.

One of the most controversial new features for DS3 is co-op. Isaac Clarke teams up with John Carver in two-player mode. Game Informer, surprisingly, doesn't crap on co-op too much. They say it's fun and that the game is very geared toward the two-player experience. For example, certain puzzles are designed with co-op in mind.

However, they don't give co-op a clean bill of health. The hallucinations, which make the campaign different for each character, are unfortunately few and far between. Furthermore, the game experienced some frame rate issues in co-op at certain points.

GI says that the campaign is actually longer than the first two Dead Space games. That's not a good thing, though. In fact, the campaign drag on too much at the end.

Dead Space 3 will debut in North America on February 5th. Expect a flood of reviews on that date. We'll see whether GI's review is an outlier or whether everyone else found it a disappointment.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love the fact that the campaign is long and I'm sure the gameplay will be solid. I just don't want a bullshyt ending.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Game Informer reviews are usually solid, but sometimes they're just horrendously off the mark.

Look at this excerpt for a review of Scribblenauts Unlimited:
Some puzzles offer light platforming, but these segments limit your vocabulary. For example, I couldn’t apply the adjective “invincible” to myself when faced with a flame obstacle, which kind of defeats the purpose of being able to write and create anything, but these types of puzzles are infrequent.
what a jackass :rudy:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: I pre-ordered from Wally World to get the $20 eGift card with the purchase...unfortunately, I won't get the game for another week. Not too bad, since I've been heavily into Need For Speed Most Wanted, but I'll be avoiding this thread until then.

Very hyped, though. I'll be up for some late night co-op for 360 (add my g/t: MightyHealthy). Can't wait!

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
ditto

but i own the first game.

Don't want to start it until i finish Binary Domain and Dantes Inferno first tho

backlog cray......theres other joints I wanna play before it but I figure that its been waiting long enough so why not

:yeshrug:

Wanna fedex ground it to me for a few weeks? :youngsabo:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Remembering the Dead Space 2 Deaths.

Last edited by a moderator:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
If you wanna play all the content on the disc you gotta pay $101.
SMH