Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Pillman 9 mm Glock would've been a dope shirt, but WWF probably couldn't do it due to the gun references.
I remember hearing that people were upset about that angle but 12 year old me was like :gladbron: when I saw it. I thought it was great television with a logical story. Dude breaks into my house im shooting him too (though id have a better pistol than a glock)

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nash seemed disappointed by that for some reason. "This business is fukked."

Suited-Black-Man-Loss-Of-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

I don't understand these cats.lololol. I get that they're products of a bygone era, but I think you have to learn how to separate your personal biases from unfair critiques.

So, you want nikkas high as a kite attempting the Super McVarial 900 splash? Or are you simply mad at the blatant flippyness of the Super McVarial 900 splash? While the latter is still some old man "get off my lawn shyt," the former is just some silly "back in my day men were men" drivel.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I remember hearing that people were upset about that angle but 12 year old me was like :gladbron: when I saw it. I thought it was great television with a logical story. Dude breaks into my house im shooting him too (though id have a better pistol than a glock)

In addition to this, Pillman was living in northern Kentucky (they say Cincinnati in the doc, but they were actually in Walton, KY). It'd actually be less logical and realistic if Pillman didn't immediately try to shoot Austin.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Out of curiosity, what’s Pillman’s best match? And which of his WWF matches is best?
Best match vs jushin thunder liger at superbrawl 2...one of the greatest openers of all time

Best wwf...prolly the 10 man match at Canadian stampede

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
......i think Austin tellin:duck: frfr.
I think him and Pillman were done after the Hollywood Blondes ended and he didnt have any if little connection with him from that point on.....

How Tf you see Brian hobbling through the airport in pain....say nothing to him....and still say thats the homie?

Nah, Austin was in full speed ahead mode and wasnt checkin for dude

I don't blame him...but thats some ol clout chasing shyt

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think him and Pillman were done after the Hollywood Blondes ended and he didnt have any if little connection with him from that point on.....

How Tf you see Brian hobbling through the airport in pain....say nothing to him....and still say thats the homie?

Nah i dont think he's cappin...hes been pretty consistent...in his book he says the same things about brian and how his death taught him a lesson about not thinking twice to help if he saw a wrestler that was in too deep.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just finished part 2 of the Pillman episode. I really feel sorry for Pillman's kids, especially Jr. I lost it when he talked about how his stepdad treated him. :mjcry:

Melanie Pillman is a piece of shyt and the fact that she looked like a model when she met Brian Pillman and now is a recovering meth head is karma.

Hopefully Junior has a successful career.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Nah... cause if you think about it, in 1997 Austin had been in the biz for eight years... how many wrestlers you think he'd probably seen hobbling around by then, who were also getting in the ring and doing just fine (or at least appearing to)? And then you have Brian, hobbling at the airport but still performing on TV just like the rest of em... why would you think he was in any extremely poor health and you had to check on him? No one else thought he was doin' that bad either, except for JR who turned out to be right.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Nah... cause if you think about it, in 1997 Austin had been in the biz for eight years... how many wrestlers you think he'd probably seen hobbling around by then, who were also getting in the ring and doing just fine (or at least appearing to)? And then you have Brian, hobbling at the airport but still performing on TV just like the rest of em... why would you think he was in any extremely poor health and you had to check on him? No one else thought he was doin' that bad either, except for JR who turned out to be right.
JR is such a tragic figure in wrestling, think of all the guys he saw go out bad, even at that point he'd probably seen enough death in wrestling to know better than most

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

I was surprised to hear how negative the feedback was to the gun angle when it initially happened. Nowadays, people look back on it with rose tinted glasses and say "That was pretty great, right?" I know me and my friends were discussing it for the rest of the week at school.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Yea I remember it being crazy and dope too..... don’t recall backlash until they aired it:russ: