Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
The Gino Hernandez joint was dope. I’ve only heard of him in passing but never truly knew of the big deal he was in World Class (and what he could’ve been beyond that).

Definitely got Flair vibes from dude, tho Flair seems like he’d be a bit too afraid to go the extra mile needed to really live that lifestyle

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I'm really intrigued with Collision in Korea. I don't really know anything about it other than it happened, so I'm anticipating that episode the most :ehh:

I have a feeling we're all gonna be disgusted/depressed with the Grizzly Smith episode :russ:

If you’re looking to brush up on the subject before the episode airs, this vid on the subject is pretty informative/entertaining

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I wonder if they'll go into any of the crazy Pillman stories like the time he was at the scene of a real life police standoff/hostage situation.

From the 02/12/96 Wrestling Observer:

There was a hostage situation at the Orlando Residence Inn where many of the WCW wrestlers were staying. At about midnight, a woman was thrown out of her room naked outside in 20 degree weather while the guy in the room barricaded himself in the attack, and the SWAT team had to come to tear gas him out. They had to evacuate all the rooms while this was going on, which included both WCW wrestlers and officials. Apparently the scene was almost directly out of a bizarre movie with Pillman and Disco Inferno, in character, saying that the Horsemen were there to save the day and him having everyone so confused as to what to make of him had people believing he was actually going to try and apprehend the guy himself (which he didn't do, although we've got reports that after the guy was apprehended, that Pillman kept giving him the four finger Horseman signal).