Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Producers of Vice TV's "Dark Side of the Ring" show are reportedly planning a season three episode on Canadian wrestler Ion Croitoru, who was known to fans as Bruiser Bedlam or Johnny K-9.

Bedlam, who passed away at the age of 53 on February 21, 2017, once worked as a WWEenhancement talent and was pushed as a top star by Jim Cornette in Smoky Mountain Wrestling.

Bedlam is a controversial topic as he was involved in organized crime activities. Bedlam once served as the president of a Satan's Choice Outlaw motorcycle club chapter and did multiple stints in prison. He also once served prison time for bombing a police station. He was once accused of a murder, and then did time for other murders. He was last released from prison in September 2016 after doing time for the 2008 murders that he was charged with in 2011. Bedlam's last release from prison was to a halfway house, and he was ordered to have no contact with any other criminals or gangsters.

The episode on Bedlam was recently confirmed by former wrestler Mickey Doyle, according to the Wrestling Observer. It was noted that Dark Side of the Ring producers love Cornette, and he will be able to tell lots of Bedlam stories due to his run in SMW.

Below is the updated list of confirmed topics for season three of Dark Side of the Ring:

* Brian Pillman (season premiere, WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin interviewed)

* FMW (Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling)

* XPW (Xtreme Pro Wrestling)

* Nick Gage

* WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea event from 1995

* The Smith Family (Grizzly Smith and his children - Sam Houston, Rockin' Robin, WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts)

* Ion Croitoru (aka Bruiser Bedlam and Johnny K-9)

There is still no word yet on when season three will premiere, but we will keep you updated. Stay tuned for more on planned season three topics.
I hope they make the Jake episode a two parter. He has enough on himself to be a full episode plus all the foul shyt that went down with Grizzly Smith and his sisters.

I also wonder how deep they go on the Pillman episode. Will they get into the allegations that him and his wife were already splitting and her drug use. Or WWF supposedly helping her but her blowing the money on drugs. Or Nash promising to donate money after Pillman died and never did.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
I hope they make the Jake episode a two parter. He has enough on himself to be a full episode plus all the foul shyt that went down with Grizzly Smith and his sisters.

I also wonder how deep they go on the Pillman episode. Will they get into the allegations that him and his wife were already splitting and her drug use. Or WWF supposedly helping her but her blowing the money on drugs. Or Nash promising to donate money after Pillman died and never did.

I hope they cover the tag team maneuvers Pillan and Zenk did on Terri Runnels

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
They didn’t have to...but they ended up going there anyway or there wouldn’t be a story to tell about it. The show doesn’t outline just problems within the wrestling industry, it highlights the more controversial or intriguing stories within it.

If anything, given the modern US political climate as well WWE’s deal to Saudi Arabia in recent years, this episode feels more topical than ever.

The Saudi Arabia/WWE one in a few years is gonna be :banderas:

Daps

I don't know about the Nash stuff to speak of, but Brian Junior has already talked about the stuff regarding his mother on shoot interviews. So I expect it to be covered. Apparently when Brian Senior died, they were already living separately because the baby she was pregnant with in the WWF interview was another man's. Brian Junior doesn't think highly at all of his stepfather, and claims that he was physically abused and his mother and that man also spent all of the money the various wrestlers raised for the children.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Last edited: