Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I feel like “Vince forced him to do it or he’d be fired” is a folklore/ hearsay thing

As I understand it Owen was highly regarded in the company and firing him/ threatening to fire him wasn’t on the table.

Nor do I think Vince is in involved in EVERY detail of the show and the performers therein (though I know he does micromanage)

My guess is Owen did push back to some degree or say he wasn’t thrilled about the stunt or was nervous, and lower level producers insisted not to worry and he’d be fine... I don’t think word ever travelled back up to Vince or Vince would have been irate enough to fire Owen over pushing back

It’s not, it was confirmed by the guy Owen shacked with in KC and rode with him to Kemper Arena that night. It’s in John Pollock audio doc:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not, it was confirmed by the guy Owen shacked with in KC and rode with him to Kemper Arena that night. It’s in John Pollock audio doc:

Hmmm, fair enough. I didn’t watch the YouTube video yet. Who did he ride with?

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Which stories for season 3 could they do?

Chyna is a must

there are several others that could be done, but let's hope they don't start watering down the series with an unnecessary episode like CM Punk's "creative issues" like a couple of people have mentioned. literally the only thing "dark" about CM Punk's story is the staph infection and that's even questionable. the rest of it is just him whining and crying about anything and everything as usual if he didn't get his way. that's not what this great series is about.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which stories for season 3 could they do?

Mike Awesome should definitely get one.

Spitballing here, these wrestlers could probably work, and the eps would phave a similar flow to Road Warriors/Hawk:

Sensational Sherri
Roddy Piper
British Bulldog
Rockers/ Marty Jannetty
Crash Holly
Perry Saturn
Brutus Beefcake’s accident

Could also do a Sabu episode similar to New Jack’s probably

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:pacspit: at Vince he’s basically Trump if he wasn’t an idiot

It’s clear to me Owen would’ve been done with wrestling after 2000, it’s just a shame that Russo was clueless beyond his Springer type angles we was writing :dry:

Yea Martha brought up a great point on why didn’t the KC police shut the show down considering what happened, if Vince wasn’t gonna end the show then it should’ve been shut down for an police investigation.

Any dumbass WWE sycophant attacking Martha should be ashamed of themselves. Vince McMahon doesn’t give a shyt about his own wrestlers, you think he cares about your fandom beyond your money please. Can’t imagine how difficult that night was for Oje and Martha just :no:

Man, Hart family is a piece of work. :scust: worrying crossing a man responsible for your brother’s death. Like what the hell, Vince is a POS, but the hold he has over these wrestlers is something I won’t ever understand.

I know there was supposed to be a Owen doc that Martha and the kids was a part of, so hopefully that was the reason this episode wasn’t a two parter. Definitely hope the OHF gets a lot of contributions after this episode and I believe that should his legacy. Like Martha said, WWE HOF is a joke considering there is still no actually building :laff:

yup i hate the ol
show must go on its what he would have wanted
no he wouldnt :dahell: