Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bret was on Martha's side for the initial lawsuit. They had some sort of falling out, that's been left vague on both sides. Martha says Bret's only intentions were getting the tape library for the Harts, and Bret says there are other reasons for the falling out. I'm fairly certain the only reason Bret mended fences with the WWE was for fan service with the hall of fame, DVD commentary and to honor his family's legacy in the business. The WWE has all of the footage. If he didn't fix the relationship, their stories would be lost due to the egomaniacs running the show.

Could be wrong but when the WWE brought Stampede (the promotion created by the Harts) they got everything so that means decades of footage from the start so it’s similar to say a Jackson brother wanting the masters of Jackson 5 stuff for the family

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think I'm done with the WWE indefinitely for now. After the Saudi bullshyt, blatant Trump support, poor working conditions for its wrestlers (e.g., Roman & Sami walking out on the corona bullshyt) and clarity on the Owen situation, I can't watch this bullshyt in good faith anymore.
You’re a cool dude, but after all this shyt the E been doing, your write ups, and the Owen info being out there for YEARS, it took this episode for you to throw in the towel And stop watching this carny company in “good faith”? :francis:

Honestly, I don’t know how you dudes could watch this crap weekly. I can’t imagine going back to watching this the entire amount of hours it’s on. There’s so many other ways to use your time. :ld:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Remember when they had the show go on when brian pillman died at bad blood '97 than interview his pregnant wife the very next night? Why didn't they cancel that show? Idk why ppl are so shocked that they kept the show going after owen's fall. Not saying that it's right.

In none of those cases did a man die in the ring

question when the Rey incident happened a few years ago did they stop the show ?

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Could be wrong but when the WWE brought Stampede (the promotion created by the Harts) they got everything so that means decades of footage from the start so it’s similar to say a Jackson brother wanting the masters of Jackson 5 stuff for the family

The Stampede stuff is still wonky. They had initially started putting up Stampede shows on the Network in the first year or so, but had to take down shows or matches that included Bret so they dropped it entirely and as of 2020 only have a handful of random individual Stampede matches from the late 70s/early 80s and the only Bret in Stampede match is from his DVD from 2013.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
You’re a cool dude, but after all this shyt the E been doing, your write ups, and the Owen info being out there for YEARS, it took this episode for you to throw in the towel And stop watching this carny company in “good faith”? :francis:

Honestly, I don’t know how you dudes could watch this crap weekly. I can’t imagine going back to watching this the entire amount of hours it’s on. There’s so many other ways to use your time. :ld:

To be honest, I've scaled back watching the WWE in the last two years. For the most part, I've only watched RAW with the occasional Smackdown every few months or so. This was just the tipping point for me. I've put on my blinders when watching it because I've enjoyed wrestling my entire life. Maybe it's because I'm old now, but I'm not a fan of today's wrestling (not just WWE).

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Haven't seen the episode yet, but this fukking framegrab, jeezus. Kevin Dunn telling that to JR...

VPyyIYS.jpg

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Maybe it's because I'm old now, but I'm not a fan of today's wrestling (not just WWE).
Same, no wrestling cuts it for me now :manny:

Throw on a classic PPV tho I’m there

Newer products being trash made it easier for me to transition from weekly watching wrestling

Watch parties basically all I need

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
To be honest, I've scaled back watching the WWE in the last two years. For the most part, I've only watched RAW with the occasional Smackdown every few months or so. This was just the tipping point for me. I've put on my blinders when watching it because I've enjoyed wrestling my entire life. Maybe it's because I'm old now, but I'm not a fan of today's wrestling (not just WWE).

I’m sure I’ll always be a fan of wrestling, but now I’m at a point where I only watch it when certain things interest me.

When I got back into it, TSC’s live posting was something I enjoyed, and made me tolerate the wack shyt. Then I realized, while it’s fun to post live, it wasn’t worth it. I’ll still live post, but it’s not a common thing. Last time I was doing it consistently was during SD back in 2016-2017? When the bRand split happened again. Even then it was only for about 2 months.

I’ll live post during a PPV from time-to-time, but Only if the card looks solid. That goes for almost any fed. (NJPW’s big events are a must if I can, though.)

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, so Bret and the kids to this day don’t have a relationship? I know the documentary didn’t really touch too deeply with this. But I didn’t know if like they completely don’t fukk with Bret.

I remember back then they had issues with the other Harts but I though Bret and Martha remained roughly cool

Yeah they don’t have a relationship now, Bret hasn’t seen the kids for ages. Since him and Martha fell out

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yeah they don’t have a relationship now, Bret hasn’t seen the kids for ages. Since him and Martha fell out

There was a Bret interview a few years ago saying he hasn't seen Oje since he was a kid, and he wouldn't be able to recognize Athena if he saw her in public. He basically was blaming Martha for preventing them from having a relationship with Owen's side of the family. The entire situation is sad because there's validity in both sides of the argument, but there's too many alpha sided minds involved.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
This is what gets me, because the Kahn family are Trump supporters and AEW has people on their staff that's done foul shyt. Pro Wrestling is a dirty business just like Hollywood, yet people still watch movies and tv shows. I don't think people realize that if the WWE were to go away then that's pretty much it for pro wrestling in America. This belief that if the WWE went away it would lead to a resurgence of the indies is not true. What we don't want to admit is that we knew all this shyt and still watched because we want to be entertained.

Everyone has this internet belief that Vince is the only one to do bad shyt like the ones before him where angels and evil Vince stole talent away from them. Gange told Shiek to break Hogan's leg, Moolah sent girls to promoters who would have them raped, Fritz would market his sons deaths for memorial shows, WCW did a show in North Korea. There's so much fukk shyt in this business that Vince was never a part of. Yeah people still watch because they want to be entertained and WWE right now is too big to fail they're a part of Americana and we still watch.