Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
B Brian Blair's eulogy of Herb Abrams was amazing.

"Herb died doing what he loved: cocaine and hookers."

stanley-hudson-gif-9.gif

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
If there's one thing this series has proven - it's that wrestlers, by and large, are super naive and just dying to find something or someone they can believe in.
Dudes really need father figures in the worst ways. It’s an unspoken reason why they’ve stayed getting hoed by Vince for years, the wrasslin business seems to attract mostly broken people who are seeking out the approval of someone and that usually comes in the form of the promoters.

Something else I noticed while watching this is that I don’t know of many major modern promotions that didn’t have any combination of owner or some sort of ranking officials within the company who didn’t end up being an on screen character in some way. WWF/E, WCW, AEW, TNA, ECW, AWA, NJPW, UWF, there’s probably more I’m forgetting. Another undiagnosed symptom of being in the biz, I guess.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Dudes really need father figures in the worst ways. It’s an unspoken reason why they’ve stayed getting hoed by Vince for years, the wrasslin business seems to attract mostly broken people who are seeking out the approval of someone and that usually comes in the form of the promoters.

Something else I noticed while watching this is that I don’t know of many major modern promotions that didn’t have any combination of owner or some sort of ranking officials within the company who didn’t end up being an on screen character in some way. WWF/E, WCW, AEW, TNA, ECW, AWA, NJPW, UWF, there’s probably more I’m forgetting. Another undiagnosed symptom of being in the biz, I guess.

I've been saying this for the longest.:manny:

It's why Rock's daughter getting into the business recently was so :mindblown: to me. He knows what goes down backstage, he's undoubtedly richer than damn near everyone else in his 'class' and still let her walk into it.

Second and third generation wrestlers are easy marks because their parent(s) spent so much time on the road, that they can't be present, so they'll willingly sign up with a senile old maniac, who is deeply broken himself.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
i respect the guy for going for his and not p*ssy-footing.

but like someone said, herb abrams just needed a team of wrestling minds behind him.

he also moved way too fast. using big venues and such when the general public didnt know about the product.
the cookies and all that were dope, but most kids who would want it, didnt even know about the UWF.