Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn.... just found out I DO have this channel on Google Fiber.

Like it’s weird, I legit looked for it a few days ago and it didn’t come up on my finder. Then my fam over my house was looking at tv and I catch the watching some food show with the white rapper dude that sounds and somewhat raps like Ghostface:dwillhuh:

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
What story is that? Not familiar :ohhh:
https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/16-for-16-huskers-take-down-kansas-state-in-tokyo
A never told John Parrella story from Tokyo
When the game ended against Kansas State, Nebraska's players had the evening to take in the town. Former Husker tight end Mike Vedral shared a story that's never been told before.

Vedral said also in Tokyo that weekend were the All-Star Wrestlers, including "The Road Warriors" (Future Legion of Doom in WWF) and other big name wrestlers such as "Mr. Fuji."

In an elevator heading up to a Tokyo night club at 3 a.m. the professional wrestlers, led by "Hawk" of "The Road Warriors" started to gang up on Nebraska linebacker David White. They called him a racist slur and White retaliated in the elevator and the wrestlers began to gang up on him.

White had no chance against the wrestlers until defensive tackle and current Husker defensive line coach John Parrella stepped in.

“I don’t think we were doing anything crazy,” Vedral said. “These All-Star Wrestlers got all drunk up and decided to pick a fight with David White. The funniest part was it was (John) Parrella that came to the rescues and he just knocked the (explicative) out of the Hawk. I thought his face was going to come off his head because Parrella hit him so hard.”

The "Hawk" was no small man either, coming in at 6-foot-3, 270 pounds, but that didn't stop the 6-foot-5, 290 pound Parrella from stepping in.

“(Hawk) said something racist,” Vedral said. “He called David White the ‘n-word’ and David tried to fight back and all of a sudden (the wrestlers) all jumped on David White and Parrella just kind of paraded through them and grabbed David White with his left hand and he unloaded on the Hawk with his right hand and we all took off. We all got the hell out of there because we didn’t want the cops to come.”

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I caught the UWF episode last night :mjlol: The episode by and large was less about the UWF and more about Herb Abrams, which was only right. UWF seemed like a decent enough little fed but didn’t stand out much at all minus running a venue like the MGM or having a young Mick Foley on their roster. In the grand scheme they were just another fed trying (and ultimately failing) to go against the juggernaut that was the WWF.

What the centerpiece of the episode was about was Herb and his exploits, which was how it should’ve been because dude was a complete 80’s caricature. Dude seemed like a Vice City character in real life, right down to the copious amounts of hookers and blow. It’s a shame that didn’t translate to UWF TV in the entertaining way it did in this episode, because who knows, maybe that would’ve taken off in a big way. This little 5 foot tall cokehead was so enigmatic and larger than life that he was able to cut checks to his wrestlers naked and zooted surrounded by prostitutes, make a title belt that told Vince to fukk off, get shook down over a balcony like he was signed to Death Row, have a pure white dog named Kokie, and have a death so ridiculous it creates urban legends and has grown men openly break down on camera almost 25 years after the fact. This guy was fukkery in cowboy boots :dead: I’d love to see a Wolf of Wall Street style biopic based on him down the line. The best episode(s) of the season still remain to be the Benoit ones but this was atleast informative and entertaining if nothing else
We definitely need a movie or limited series about his life. Could be the next Tiger King phenomenon!

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This session has been great. Hope we get another. Wish they would do some stories about Mexico or Japan. Not sure they can get the interviews but those stories would be dope.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Since we're getting closer to the Owen episode, I couldn't help but notice that they've interviewed a lot of wrestlers this season who were there the night Owen died (D'Lo, Godfather, Foley, Jim Ross, Cornette, Russo, etc.) Of course that may not mean anything at all. It's just an observation.