Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

无名的

Superstar
Daps
listen i understand that there is money to be made on it. I wish the liquidity was better.

hell I hope that etf comes out so I can short it.

in the end if your hard drive with bitcoins gets destroyed they're gone forever ( or whatever the case may be). they're gone from the circulation. I'm just saying they need to fix that aspect of it.

I believe you can short it here...

https://icbit.se/

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
certainly supply and demand will set in if people still value it in two years.

and the second point of your post....yes.

i don't expect that to happen

using Bitcoin's technology, they are working on peer to peer exchanges.

that would allow for decentralized cloud wallets. which would pretty much attach your bitcoins to the internet.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
and I don't understand how the liquidity improves if there's less supply. Can I cash out $3 million in bitcoins if the marketplace?

how is there ever less supply. when someone will always have a piece of bitcoin to sell

to answer your attempt at a question : yes?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
how is there ever less supply. when someone will always have a piece of bitcoin to sell

to answer your attempt at a question : yes?

liquidity improves with time, when the infrastructure around it makes it easy for everyone to trade for fiat.

if you are curious about the infrastructure, follow http://blog.bitpay.com/ this is the kind of work that is being done in the shadows right now by some of the smartest developers in the world

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
"Instead of the supply changing to keep the value the same, the supply is predetermined and the value changes. As the number of users grows, the value per coin increases. It has the potential for a positive feedback loop; as users increase, the value goes up" - Feb 11, 2009

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
yeah I meant to say in. Why are you so hostile in your replies? I enjoy the debate here.

if there's less supply you're cutting off buyers and sellers.

what you're saying is right

but that's just not Bitcoin's model. because the supply once settled will never change. and I mean that literrally as in every Bitcoin will be up for grab, if you're willing to pay the price

read my quote above :
Instead of the supply changing to keep the value the same, the supply is predetermined and the value changes.

I believe that as the value change, there will be an incentive for people with other value to exchange for Bitcoin and therefore there will never be a lack of supply because there will also be willing suppliers.

And when I say "value" I do not only mean fiat

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
see I thinks that's another flaw. For businesses to truly embrace it they need the volatility to he lower than this. If I took a bitcooin for my services its now lost like 90% in the last couple months. You cant have volatility like that.

volatility is another temporary problem. a growing pain. one that should hopefully resolve with wider adoption. volatility of bitcoin right now is largely caused by early adopters, large market movers that are obviously playing with their money.

meanwhile, businesses can easily transact bitcoins for fiat safely and still cheaper than with fiat

listen to this if you care

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2b8RDFuLuRc#t=3894

if the link didnt work listen from 1:05

please dismiss the "fanatic speech" and allure

listen to the message

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
in the end if your hard drive with bitcoins gets destroyed they're gone forever ( or whatever the case may be). they're gone from the circulation. I'm just saying they need to fix that aspect of it.
Not necessarily.
You can have (and should have) back-up wallets (paper, brain etc.) and your bitcoin stash will be forever existing. Then obviously, if you lose it all then they are gone but that's why one needs to have different types of back-up.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
see I thinks that's another flaw. For businesses to truly embrace it they need the volatility to he lower than this. If I took a bitcooin for my services its now lost like 90% in the last couple months. You cant have volatility like that.
Another reason why I think Digitalcoin will be a contender for 2nd or 3rd place soon. it's been trading at anywhere from 15-18 cents per coin. The kids are not paying attention to this coin and thats perfectly ok with me.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Another reason why I think Digitalcoin will be a contender for 2nd or 3rd place soon. it's been trading at anywhere from 15-18 cents per coin. The kids are not paying attention to this coin and thats perfectly ok with me.

:dwillhuh:

Why do you think digitalcoin is somehow unaffected by volatility risks ?