Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The idea of cryptocoins I believe has much potential, I am just not sure it will be bitcoin tbh

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
care to elaborate ?
I personally think bitcoin is a bit overvalued compared to the rest. Bitcoin has gone down about $120 on btc-e in the past month or so and the other coins have been relatively unaffected.

It just points to competition entering the marketplace. Don't get me wrong bitcoin is definitely the most important crypto righ now, but people only focusing on that and not the bigger picture is a problem. You and irishfury already have your coins and can play with them, advising people to buy and hold in hopes that it reaches $5000 per coin is not a better move than to diversify into other coins in hopes of a gain. BTC has the most potential because for all I know, the 5000 mark CAN come, but its a whole lot riskier than something like LTC or maybe even DGC and not really worth it for those who are just starting out looking into cryptos (such as myself)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I personally think bitcoin is a bit overvalued compared to the rest. Bitcoin has gone down about $120 on btc-e in the past month or so and the other coins have been relatively unaffected.

It just points to competition entering the marketplace. Don't get me wrong bitcoin is definitely the most important crypto righ now, but people only focusing on that and not the bigger picture is a problem. You and irishfury already have your coins and can play with them, advising people to buy and hold in hopes that it reaches $5000 per coin is not a better move than to diversify into other coins in hopes of a gain. BTC has the most potential because for all I know, the 5000 mark CAN come, but its a whole lot riskier than something like LTC or maybe even DGC and not really worth it for those who are just starting out looking into cryptos (such as myself)

let me start by posting this

0kcORBm.png

At this point, all other cryptocoins are, frankly, irrelevant. There is no competition, at least not yet. None of the coins on this chart offer any significant advantages over Bitcoin. None of them standout on a technical basis.

How is it a better move to diversify? This is not the stock markets. There is no safer cryptocurrency play than Bitcoin. Diversifying is used to lower the risk output. Every other coin on the market is MUCH more of a risk than Bitcoin. They are litteraly gambles. Coins mostly created and promoted by people who feel they have missed the opportunity to profit from the Bitcoin "bubble". Don't get me wrong, some are actually trying to innovate, but most come up short.

The average cost of my Bitcoins are around 800$ right now. Obviously the profit gain from bitcoin interest me. But aside from that, I am into it because of its revolutionary potential. I believe cryptocurrencies will change the world. Bitcoin's network and the infrastructure around it is not negligible. Like any technology, the network effect carrying it is massively important. This is why Bitcoin has the most potential. And if you believe that potential, you are totally wrong to think it is not worth it for people just starting out. You are still an early adopter. It's totally wrong to say Bitcoin is more risky than the other cryptocurrencies

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

everything goes through bitcoin. Cant even get USD without converting anything to bitcoin.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
everything goes through bitcoin. Cant even get USD without converting anything to bitcoin.
Right now, yes

Edit: actually on btc-e you can get USD for litecoin

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
y would u even buy bitcoins now. for what a 5-10% come up with your one bitcoin? :pachaha:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
pray for a miracle with your pity 600 dollars breh :pachaha:

see you when we at 10k breh :pachaha:

just look at the first pages of this thread when Bitcoin was sitting at 200$. How many people you think were thinking there was no way this shyt would go over 200$