Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well I legit bought everything I ever wanted....felt good but now I'm bored

Gonna stop playing around and HODL BTC for eternity

Focus on ETH/LTC/XMR

Sheeeeet. Im done with ETH. It should be a lot higher idk what is going on but BTC and XMR and LTC have me hooked right now. Such unbelieveable gains. Im getting scared, this is just free money at this point. XMR is still very undervalued when you think about it. shyt could easily be at 5000 USD by this time next year, its a better more private system of payment than BTC.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Sheeeeet. Im done with ETH. It should be a lot higher idk what is going on but BTC and XMR and LTC have me hooked right now. Such unbelieveable gains. Im getting scared, this is just free money at this point. XMR is still very undervalued when you think about it. shyt could easily be at 5000 USD by this time next year, its a better more private system of payment than BTC.

Payments isn't what people are buying Bitcoin for today so I don't see how Monero should be higher based on it supposedly being better (it's not)

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Payments isn't what people are buying Bitcoin for today so I don't see how Monero should be higher based on it supposedly being better (it's not)

Privacy

I always liked xmr because it allows you to send and receive funds without your transactions being publicly visible on the blockchain. This ensures your purchases, receipts, and other transfers remain private by default.

Scalability
Monero doesn’t have a hard coded maximum block size . This means that unlike Bitcoin, it does not have a 1 MB block size limit preventing scaling for mass adoption. Since there is no maximum block size limit, a block reward penalty mechinism is built into the protocol to disincentive excessive block size’s.

By default, the Monero system promotes and permits net neutrality on the blockchain; this means miners cannot become censors, since they do not know where the transaction goes or what is contained within it while still permitting auditing when desired.

But Bitcoin has a certain appeal to it now becasue the name ''bitcoin'' itself is now a household name. People trust it in the general branding sense.

It will probably always find a way to be the Numero uno crypto but Monero and even Aeon are two that you have to keep an eye on. For me they are both supremely undervalued right now because everybody is all bitcoin bitcoin bitcoin, without seeing that there might be even better options out there for people depending on what exactly you wanna do.....

buybitcoinworldwide.com/monero

Daps
I just signed up with Binance. What an annoying verification process, they want you to upload a picture of the front and back of your Driver's License. And then want you to take a Selfie holding your License along with a piece of paper bearing their name and today's date.:gucci::beli:

:pacspit:

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I just signed up with Binance. What an annoying verification process, they want you to upload a picture of the front and back of your Driver's License. And then want you to take a Selfie holding your License along with a piece of paper bearing their name and today's date.:gucci::beli:

:pacspit:

Yes all exchanges have this process.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Scalability
Monero doesn’t have a hard coded maximum block size . This means that unlike Bitcoin, it does not have a 1 MB block size limit preventing scaling for mass adoption. Since there is no maximum block size limit, a block reward penalty mechinism is built into the protocol to disincentive excessive block size’s.

:mjlol:

Blockchains don't scale by increasing the block size so mass payment adoption cannot happen on a single layer.

You should evaluate the claims you encounter before you go around preaching something. This space is more complex than anyone of you can imagine and the technology isn't "magic".

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Let's say you never got involved in crypto before. But now you have $500 to invest.

If you all had $500 to do this right now, which would you buy and how would you buy it?
For quickest come up? bitcoin still.. its up 33% in 1 week, ethereum up 31.62% in 1 week, litecoin 40.27% but fluctuates more even though steadily rising

for long term potential id put in ethereum or litecoin. Ethereum is up 61% this month, litecoin 77% but ethereum is a higher $ ($494 vs $101)

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
For quickest come up? bitcoin still.. its up 33% in 1 week, ethereum up 31.62% in 1 week, litecoin 40.27% but fluctuates more even though steadily rising

for long term potential id put in ethereum or litecoin. Ethereum is up 61% this month, litecoin 77% but ethereum is a higher $ ($494 vs $101)
When you say long term, how long are you talking? Over 12 months?

Is the coinbase all I need to buy these currencies?