Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
You can ignore him but he hit you with the truth. You sort of sound like someone who time traveled from 2 years ago or something.

"They are going to find a way to track bitcoin"

--They already can, its an open ledger and there are hundreds of blockchain explorers free to use online right now.

"They are going to want to tax it"

--They already can and do. I pay property gains tax on my realized earnings from cryptocurrency annually already. You print your fiat conversions from your exchange every tax season and give them to your CPA and he makes sure you pay what you owe along with everything else for the year.

I don't think Heis is dissing you (he may be I dunno :hubie:) but it just seems like you haven't kept up with the crypto game man. I personally don't mind paying taxes at all when Im making these sort of exponential multipliers in single 12 month blocks. This shyt is beyond ridiculous. $1,000 dollars into Bitcoin January 1st of this year is $7523.40 today.. I mean shyt. Take the short term property gains tax, who gives a shyt. Im still flipping my money at rates only a corner dealer can match.:win:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I work with an Asian guy that talks about this shyt all day. He's from the south so his voice is on some jackie chain shyt. Nonetheless, he's a fukking weirdo as is this shyt. WTF.

It's easy money tho... You should be amped..:mindblown: buy the small shyt for pennies on the dollar now 3 years later each share value is over $1000 is fukking insane you could be a literal millionaire overnight. :wow:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
So Bitcoin back on the rise. If anyone has a spare 1k-2k I would hop in. Within 6 months it will be 500$ alot of startup companies will have what they're working on out.

I'm very close to having a exchange done. Working on security and all the legal aspects. I also went through my old hard drive and found a bitcoin wallet with 25 bitcoins from Bitcoin faucet back in the day. When I got those coins I think they where worth like 10 cent a piece and forgot all about them. Now they're worth $5000.
Realising that

1) OP was way, way ahead of the game (props!)
2) If OP still ´only´ has the 25 Bitcoins that comes down to 179,481.5 USD today. Today (November 9th 2017) 1 Bitcoin is 7,179.26

OP question for you: does it still make sense to get in on BitCoin (or Ethereum or other cryptocurrencies) or is it too late?

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
school me on this
i want to learn about bitcoin
i hear its better to use it with gdax.com cuz there is no fees

I have not used GDAX so not sure about its fees and integration with Coinbase, but from what I understand, if you have Coinbase account you get a GDAX account.

I buy BTC either on Kraken or Coinbase, move what I want to keep in storage to my Trezor (secure hardware wallet) and then what I want to invest in other alt coins I move to Bittrex, since they offer many more crypto-currencies.

If you want to learn more about BTC, I recommend Banking on Bitcoin on Netflix, Digital Gold and Internet of Money (great books).
If you want to start investing, open a Coinbase account and start buying via bank account or debit/credit cards. I don't recommend leaving BTCs in Coinbase, as they control your private keys (think of it as access to your BTCs) and if they get hacked, shutdown, etc, you have no recourse to recoup your BTCs. Using something like Trezor, or Coinomi (Android only) you are given a recovery seed which can recover your BTCs if you ever lose your phone/hardware wallet.

Once you start accumulating BTCs, you will start learning more about other Cryptocurrencies and different projects leveraging blockchain tech. Invest in the ones you like. Open a Bittrex account so you can move BTC there to then buy alts.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I have not used GDAX so not sure about its fees and integration with Coinbase, but from what I understand, if you have Coinbase account you get a GDAX account.

I buy BTC either on Kraken or Coinbase, move what I want to keep in storage to my Trezor (secure hardware wallet) and then what I want to invest in other alt coins I move to Bittrex, since they offer many more crypto-currencies.

If you want to learn more about BTC, I recommend Banking on Bitcoin on Netflix, Digital Gold and Internet of Money (great books).
If you want to start investing, open a Coinbase account and start buying via bank account or debit/credit cards. I don't recommend leaving BTCs in Coinbase, as they control your private keys (think of it as access to your BTCs) and if they get hacked, shutdown, etc, you have no recourse to recoup your BTCs. Using something like Trezor, or Coinomi (Android only) you are given a recovery seed which can recover your BTCs if you ever lose your phone/hardware wallet.

Once you start accumulating BTCs, you will start learning more about other Cryptocurrencies and different projects leveraging blockchain tech. Invest in the ones you like. Open a Bittrex account so you can move BTC there to then buy alts.
When you move btc to and from your hardware wallet, is there a fee? Also, do you keep your alts on there or just btc?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
its coming down

i guess this bitcoin all time high party is over for now, other cryptos are gainning on it

Cashing out again.

I will go back in....in 2-3 weeks or whenever the inevitable dip comes.

let me enjoy this little profit right here though.

Last edited: