Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

morris

Superstar
Daps
Usually yeah but the methods and links I've posted give/get you free BTC/ETH
The crazy fluctuations is what's been turning me off. Plus, the government and FTC and SEC.and others, especially internationally, have not got a clear handle on it. What if someone loses that virtual currency after investing real money?

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:salute: OP. I've been listening to jokers talk about this for the last 6 years, but seemed slightly scammish. However, when you take into account all the financial on-goings happening in the world, and notice that more developing countries are using cellphones to make transactions, and then the fact that bitcoin hit $1,000 other day.....it $s clear that folks should have this in their investment portfolio.....and mines is :flabbynsick:.

I've listening to Rogue Money on youtube, with V the Gorilla Economist....he said he thought it was scammish initially, but is now a complete convert.

Last edited:

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
The crazy fluctuations is what's been turning me off. Plus, the government and FTC and SEC.and others, especially internationally, have not got a clear handle on it. What if someone loses that virtual currency after investing real money?
That's a risk I'm willing to take, personally. For now I'm not investing any money into it yet but just getting all I can via mining and other methods that just cost some time instead of money. I see more potential in Ethereum now, I wish I got into that instead of BTC earlier but it's ubiquitous and most likely to stay around.

Why Venezuela's Currency Crisis Is A Case Study For Bitcoin
Is Ghana Showing the Most Interest in Bitcoin?

Black Cobain

Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
:salute: OP. I've been listening to jokers talk about this for the 6 years, but seemed slightly scammish. However, when you take into account all the financial on-goings happening in the world, and notice that more developing countries are using cellphones to make transactions, and then the fact that bitcoin hit $1,000 other day.....it $s clear that folks should have this in their investment portfolio.....and mines is :flabbynsick:.

I've listening to Rogue Money on youtube, with V the Gorilla Economist....he said he thought it was scammish initially, but is now a complete convert.
I was turned off of bitcoin for a long ass time breh, once I started hearing about people outside the US use it for their daily lives I started getting into it. I don't even have an investment portfolio tbh, I'm 18 rn, should I start now or in a few years? :lupe:

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Bro I think I get it. Maybe I'm wrong. But from what I take, not to dive into details. It's similar to trading stocks online. Like I wire Scottrade 10k and buy 10k worth of apple shares and that value I own is floating around online. I can sell for a gain and get my money back, maybe more. Is that basically what it is? U buy bitcoins u can trade them for things, give them to people, cash out after holding them, etc?

Also what is mining?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Bro I think I get it. Maybe I'm wrong. But from what I take, not to dive into details. It's similar to trading stocks online. Like I wire Scottrade 10k and buy 10k worth of apple shares and that value I own is floating around online. I can sell for a gain and get my money back, maybe more. Is that basically what it is? U buy bitcoins u can trade them for things, give them to people, cash out after holding them, etc?

Also what is mining?
mining is how the bitcoins are created using computing power

Black Cobain

Daps
Reppin
New Afrika

Also what is mining?
You can speculate/buy bitcoin but not invest in it, the value does flactuate, mostly because it's backed by time (which technically makes it a way more valuable fiat money, but that's another thread). There are Bitcoin merchants that sell what they mine for the current rate of exchange but the details are still foggy on my end too.

Why You Can't Invest in Bitcoin -- The Motley Fool

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
As with all big money schemes, I think those that got in on the ground floor saw the potential in bitcoins in 2012, I think the value skyrocketed after that pretty fast

Do you invest in stocks, breh?

Black Cobain

Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
As with all big money schemes, I think those that got in on the ground floor saw the potential in bitcoins in 2012, I think the value skyrocketed after that pretty fast

Do you invest in stocks, breh?
At least Ethereum isn't that oversaturated yet :wow:

Not yet but I wanna get into day trading asap, got a couple hundred saved up and some free time

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
At least Ethereum isn't that oversaturated yet :wow:

Not yet but I wanna get into day trading asap, got a couple hundred saved up and some free time
I'll message you some stocks in your PMs breh. You got a stock market app on your phone? The iPhone app is pretty good, it shows you graphs up to two years, so you can see the long term trends

Black Cobain

Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
I'll message you some stocks in your PMs breh. You got a stock market app on your phone? The iPhone app is pretty good, it shows you graphs up to two years, so you can see the long term trends
:salute: thanks breh

Yeah I got the iPhone one, never really paid attention to it til recently lol