Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Daps
I've been looking to get into bitcoin as a step into starting a investment portfolio, but have no idea about currency/stock markets. I know of bitcoin and the tech behind it, but anyone have any good resources to educate myself on how to analyzing the market and investing in short/long term. If someone was willing to start a brother off a with a bitcoin to get started that would be appreciated :feedme:. I have some fractional bitcoin on a wallet somewhere, have to find the info.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I've been looking to get into bitcoin as a step into starting a investment portfolio, but have no idea about currency/stock markets. I know of bitcoin and the tech behind it, but anyone have any good resources to educate myself on how to analyzing the market and investing in short/long term. If someone was willing to start a brother off a with a bitcoin to get started that would be appreciated :feedme:. I have some fractional bitcoin on a wallet somewhere, have to find the info.
pm me if you wanna get started with an investment crehdaddeh

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
You claim you're making so much money from bitcoin but won't post screen grabs :patrice:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bitcoin is only slightly more retarded than hoarding physical gold and silver.

:cook:

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
You claim you're making so much money from bitcoin but won't post screen grabs :patrice:
Majority of it is from 2016. Don't ask me what I sell... Probably shouldn't of posted screenshot lol

21fae3f84ca94b3f9825bb0d8b07c291.png

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
@chkmeout @Lord Infamous @morris @newworldafro @goke313 @bdizzle @ℒee @AZBeauty @Johnny Kilroy @FSP @sanityovar8ted @MansaMusa @LinusCaldwell @Lootpack @Dracudiddy @Lootpack

C ryptocurrency is for all intents and purposes virtual money which can be used for an increasingly large number of transactions in real life. I am new to Bitcoin and Ethereum, two of the main currencies but I'll try to answer as many questions and post up guides as I can.

Bitcoin:
How it works -
Simplified breakdown - Still Don't Get Bitcoin? Here's an Explanation For Five-Year-Olds (:whoa: not tryna imply anything, this explanation finally got me to understand BTC)
List of Bitcoin Wallets - Choose your wallet - Bitcoin [I stand by GreenAddress, it has mobile and desktop apps]
Ways to get Bitcoin -
Upload and share pictures [upload an image and get satoshi* per view and like, instant pay out to your bitcoin wallet]
Supload - Free image hosting that earns you bitcoin [same as file.army but more popular, has a minimum you have to make before cashing out, $1.00 in bitcoin, which'll take a while]
https://www.minegate.org/ref/30e89 [Bitcoin Cloud mining, normally people use their own expensive hardware for mining BTC in their homes, but with cloud mining the work's done for you and this particular site gives you 50 GH/s for free, which is 3 cents a day along with other pricing plans that give you more power].
*1 Satoshi is roughly 1/1000 of a cent

Ethereum:
How it works (condensed) -
A more detailed guide (yeah yeah I know, this is way more detailed than I could get rn) -

How I started (unorthodox method)
For the times sake, I'll just say a friend got me onto this:

1. Open Google Chrome
  2. Download the MetaMask extension (MetaMask)
  3. Open MetaMask and make an account, you'll get 1 ETH/Ethereum Coin automatically
  4. Click the Clipboard/'Copy' Icon to copy your Ethereum address
  5. Switch to Ropsten Testnet in Metamask options (this was default for me, but i'll include a pic)
  6. Get Free Ropsten Testnet Ether (EtherCamp)
  7. Click 'Get Free Ether' and paste your ETH address, I got 5 ETH (it'll take a minute or two for the transaction to be finished.
BkLt81Y_x.png