Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
:mjlol::mjlol:

you think businesses give a fukk about consumer protection in the sense you are suggesting?

they have been ROBBED for their whole existence by fraud issues & chargebacks.

legitimate business with appropriate consumer service will remain in business and at worst be subject to legal charges if they fail to provide adequate response to consumer claims. scammy business will run out of business

consumer protection like.... credit cards right?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/yawn-who-cares-about-home-depots-data-breach-2014-09-24

50 millions of consumer' personal identities and information stolen.

Not one fukk given

Libertarianism :banderas: :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol:

you think businesses give a fukk about consumer protection in the sense you are suggesting?

they have been ROBBED for their whole existence by fraud issues & chargebacks.

legitimate business with appropriate consumer service will remain in business and at worst be subject to legal charges if they fail to provide adequate response to consumer claims. scammy business will run out of business

consumer protection like.... credit cards right?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/yawn-who-cares-about-home-depots-data-breach-2014-09-24

50 millions of consumer' personal identities and information stolen.

Not one fukk given

:ehh:
Plus you will be finally able to sell digital software and goods online without worrying about lost profits :ohlawd:
Y'all don't see the potential here??? :whoo:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
one argument against this is sony's betamax.

they're selling quite high til today :troll:

I see it as an argument for Bitcoin actually.

Betamax might've been a better technology but the network effect and the infrastructure settled on to VHS instead.

Much in a similar fashion, TCP/IP supplanted many other internet protocol systems because of its network effect.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see it as an argument for Bitcoin actually.

Betamax might've been a better technology but the network effect and the infrastructure settled on to VHS instead.

Much in a similar fashion, TCP/IP supplanted many other internet protocol systems because of its network effect.
how is that an argument for bitcoin when betamax lost to vhs :usure:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bitcoin is VHS. Not Betamax.

Are you suggesting that fiat is VHS? Because that makes no sense at all
bitcoin is betamax because it was higher quality and just "made more sense"...
fiat is vhs which was poorer quality and could be bootlegged easier.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
bitcoin is betamax because it was higher quality and just "made more sense"...
fiat is vhs which was poorer quality and could be bootlegged easier.

sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

fiat is the legacy system. the Betamax & VHS argument is a competition between two rival innovative technology trying to replace the legacy system.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
as for the bubble theory enthusiats :

Any argument that it is going to crash to zero, or single digits or even double digits just doesn't make any sense when you consider the big picture. all the "crash" posts seem to reason that price will go down because price has been going down. They assume a zero demand scenario, which is way more outlandish than assuming btc will go mainstream. If you have nonzero demand then evey halving if price means your going to see twice the demand. This kind of exponential increase in buying pressure will ultimately halt any sell off of an asset with limited supply.

Sure we could go half off, maybe even half off again, but the lower we go the more resistance there is because for x dollar amount you have to sell more btc. Totally simple, totally obvious to probably everyone reading this, but it is the massive gorilla in the room whenever you read any Bitcoin to the gutter post.

Ah, but Bitcoin to the moon posts are the same but in reverse!

No. There is only ~14m bitcoin, selling supply dries up quickly, on upticks there is infinite dollars. Buying supply can theoretically never dry up.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I got the white one for $80 bucks (saved $39:lolbron: off the original price) from eBay so I can't complain about the color.

I don't have an Droid yet so I can't test it.

I plan on keeping it in this to clean it clean and safe.

from ebay!?

who was the supplier. there's no fukking way in hell i'd buy that shyt from ebay someone could have tempered with the software inside

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
from ebay!?

who was the supplier. there's no fukking way in hell i'd buy that shyt from ebay someone could have tempered with the software inside

I was weary of that but it came wrapped in the plastic wrapper with the Trezor seal intact. The seller claimed he won it online. I did some negotiating and got the price down :lolbron:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

fiat is the legacy system. the Betamax & VHS argument is a competition between two rival innovative technology trying to replace the legacy system.
vhs-betamax came out about the same time in the early as legacy systems but the "powers that be" decided to go with vhs. and just like bitcoin haters focus on its shortcomings they did the same with betamax despite it being superior to vhs.
it jsut come down to if the "powers that be" have nothing to gain out of the new technology they just won't push for it. that's why most new technologies are developed by a group of manufacturers.

likewise, bitcoin is superior to fiat but doesn't really have anyone in the mainstream to push it. it's just by itself in the underground like linux. even though linux is open source/free and enjoyed new technologies before windows and apple, it lost that battle. the "powers that be" all ganged up against it. and they didn't really. only nerdy nerds keep up with linux. there's no real money dealing with linux. i won't deal with linux because ppl are just more comfortable with windows.

so we gotta make that call whether we got the time, resources and energy to hang on to bitcoin.

so at the end of the day if "the powers that be" can't make money off bitcoin they won't push for it. infact, they have the power to influence lawmakers to go against it like in the countries it's banned.

*e&oe

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ill

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
vhs-betamax came out about the same time in the early as legacy systems but the "powers that be" decided to go with vhs. and just like bitcoin haters focus on its shortcomings they did the same with betamax despite it being superior to vhs.
it jsut come down to if the "powers that be" have nothing to gain out of the new technology they just won't push for it. that's why most new technologies are developed by a group of manufacturers.

likewise, bitcoin is superior to fiat but doesn't really have anyone in the mainstream to push it. it's just by itself in the underground like linux. even though linux is open source/free and enjoyed new technologies before windows and apple, it lost that battle. the "powers that be" all ganged up against it. and they didn't really. only nerdy nerds keep up with linux. there's no real money dealing with linux. i won't deal with linux because ppl are just more comfortable with windows.

so we gotta make that call whether we got the time, resources and energy to hang on to bitcoin.

so at the end of the day if "the powers that be" can't make money off bitcoin they won't push for it. infact, they have the power to influence lawmakers to go against it like in the countries it's banned.

*e&oe

I guess in the end it will be a battle of the old guards vs. the silicon valley nerds

It has already started