Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
DISH Becomes World’s Largest Company to Accept Bitcoin

Nermin Hajdarbegovic | Published on May 29, 2014 at 14:05 BST | Coinbase, Companies

US satellite service provider DISH Network has announced that it will start accepting bitcoin payments later this year.

The Colorado-based company is one of the biggest content providers in America, with more than 14 million pay-TV subscribers.

DISH plans to start accepting bitcoin payments in the third quarter of 2014, but it has not yet revealed an exact date. Once it does, it will become the biggest company to accept bitcoin to date.

Last year DISH Network Corporation reported revenue of $13.9bn. The company has more than 30,000 employees.

The customer is always right
With 14 million subscribers, DISH has a vast user base and at least some of these users are bitcoiners.

“We always want to deliver choice and convenience for our customers and that includes the method they use to pay their bills,” said Bernie Han, DISH executive vice president and chief operating officer.

“Bitcoin is becoming a preferred way for some people to transact and we want to accommodate those individuals.”

Han noted that bitcoin is becoming a “preferred” payment option for some people and DISH simply wanted to accommodate such individuals, offering an additional payment option to meet their needs.

Coinbase won the deal
Coinbase will serve as the payment processor for the company, exchanging the bitcoin payments to USD at the moment of transaction. Considering the sheer size of DISH Network and the number of subscribers up for grabs, this is clearly a major coup for Coinbase.

Han added that Coinbase will make the payment experience easy for DISH customers, but at the same time it will allow the company to receive immediate credit in dollars “at an attractive cost for DISH.”

DISH says bitcoin payments will be made available to all customers who decide to make one-time payments on mydish.com starting in the third quarter of 2014.
---------------------------------

overstock now dish....oh its on brehs

:ohhh:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

last chance to get on train boys

up 150$ since...

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
up 150$ since...

very true....and again if any one wants to get on now go to my coinbase link and join...you will also get $5 of bit coin after you buy for $100 through my link below

coinbase link------>>>>> Bitcoin Wallet - Coinbase

Also if you don't have any cash on hand to buy bit coins out right theres a website called bitcoinget that gives away free bit coins (uBTC) for watching videos.... I will put the link here for that swell

bitcoinget link------>>>>> Earn Free Bitcoins | BitcoinGet

anyways good luck brehs...it might be the last opportunity to affordably get on so don't let it pass

:myman:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
so y'all buying or waiting for it to get back to 1k+ like suckers ?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I posted this in the group conversation but might as well drop it here too...

Don't wait until you "get it" to buy some Bitcoins. It might be too late

There is an increasingly low chance that Bitcoin's price will go down and significant signs that are pointing up.

I'm allocating a certain percentage of my weekly income everyday to Bitcoin. Don't be shortsighted, Bitcoin has been the most performing investement asset in the last 4 years on a 1 year basis.

The odds are this is not going to stop as we are still very early in the adoption

I expect 2 or 3 major US bitcoin exchanges opening by the end of the year. One is possibly going to trade on the NASDAQ.

One year from now this is going to look like the most no-brainer moneymaker of the last decade.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I can't see how if you got the spare funds, that you won't invest at this point.

I'm about to put some of ppls on

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I can't see how if you got the spare funds, that you won't invest at this point.

I'm about to put some of ppls on

I'm starting to feel comfortable putting some of my peeps onto it.

It clearly has found a floor and I don't foresee any even that would catastrophically bring the price down.

The only way this thing is going is up. I'm allocating a somewhat important percentage of my income to Bitcoins every week. I can digest the "risk" but Bitcoin, truthfully, has become somewhat like my saving account.