Official Coming 2 America Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
And barbershop 3 and girls trip show Kenya knows how to write funny. Period. And create good characters which you need in any story.
NEITHER one of those movies was "funny", though, IMO. They were both highly cliched.

So that doesn't bode well for THIS project.

That said, this was an overall horrible idea to begin with....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
NEITHER one of those movies was "funny", though, IMO. They were both highly cliched.

So that doesn't bode well for THIS project.

That said, this was an overall horrible idea to begin with....

Right like you said in your opinion. I’d hidhlu disagree:manny: and since I can’t sit here and argue with you that something is funny or not, that’s moot.

The long lost son shyt doesn’t work for me here just on first blush. Like someone said, would make much more sense if it’s Semi’s son. Hell I’d even be down if it’s someone claiming to be his son but even then, Akeem would be smart enough to know who he has or hasn’t had sex with

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Right like you said in your opinion. I’d hidhlu disagree:manny: and since I can’t sit here and argue with you that something is funny or not, that’s moot.

The long lost son shyt doesn’t work for me here just on first blush. Like someone said, would make much more sense if it’s Semi’s son. Hell I’d even be down if it’s someone claiming to be his son but even then, Akeem would be smart enough to know who he has or hasn’t had sex with
Damn, fam...you replied quick as HELL! :russ:

For the record, I agree with you. The long lost son angle doesn't work, it would have to be a quality script for me to be even remotely interested.

And PLEASE, don't have Kevin Hart anywhere near this movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn, fam...you replied quick as HELL! :russ:

For the record, I agree with you. The long lost son angle doesn't work, it would have to be a quality script for me to be even remotely interested.

And PLEASE, don't have Kevin Hart anywhere near this movie.

Had my phone on me researching this movie I was watching:russ:

Looks like they want the original cast. May throw in a few up and coming comedians just because, but probably to a minimum. Paramount is probably backing on the title and Eddie to put butts in seats.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sooo they just hired a director and put out official press releases. No release date yet but they want to start filming this year

Craig Brewer (hustle and flow, black snake moan, dolemite is my name) is directing. Kenya barris is rewriting the script by the original movie’s writers.

Eddie wanted to work with Craig again after the dolemite movie.

They want to bring everyone from the original back although the premise doesn’t quite make sense to me:

Akeem learns he has a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda.

:patrice:So a man who didn’t want to have sex with anyone besides one woman in that movie now has a long lost son?

To be fair he never said he didn’t have sex with his bathers, he just wanted more than someone to have sex with

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To be fair he never said he didn’t have sex with his bathers, he just wanted more than someone to have sex with

True, but his bathers were in Zamunda. It's implied he did have sex with them since he said he quite enjoys the baths, but it would just be weird to see he messed with someone outside of Lisa when we saw his interactions with women once they got to Queens. They went to the club, he realized all the women are bugged out, then met Lisa and was hooked from that moment on

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Potential continuing storylines...

Samuel L. Jackson is still robbing McDowell's :heh:

"Stu" still falling down the stairs cause he can't pay his rent.

Soul Glo is out because their "Home weave products really took off"

Lisa's sister is a 50 year-old thot

The fat white boy at McDowell's finally made it to assistant manager....and "that's where the BIG bucks start rollin' in"

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Sooo they just hired a director and put out official press releases. No release date yet but they want to start filming this year

Craig Brewer (hustle and flow, black snake moan, dolemite is my name) is directing. Kenya barris is rewriting the script by the original movie’s writers.

Eddie wanted to work with Craig again after the dolemite movie.

They want to bring everyone from the original back although the premise doesn’t quite make sense to me:

Akeem learns he has a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda.

:patrice:So a man who didn’t want to have sex with anyone besides one woman in that movie now has a long lost son?
It's starting to come together.
Link for story.
Coming to America 2 is 'officially moving forward' with Eddie Murphy

c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI
Thinking about it, the long lost son angle is the only way to really make this story work. If Akeem and Lisa had a son, it would basically just be the same story as the first one with the prince coming to America looking for love. If it was about Semmi son, then it wouldn't work too because he would not be the heir to the throne. And just because we didn't see Akeem have relations with other women on screen doesn't mean they can't add that in. Let's just say one of those thotties in the club caught him at a weak moment and he gave in before meeting Lisa (certainly possible). He ends up conceiving a son with some broke thot and ends up leaving back to Zamunda after getting with Lisa without ever coming into contact with the woman again.
Akeem (who is now serving as King) and Lisa are happily married with two daughters, but he's always dreamed of having a son that he could make an heir to his throne. He gets a tip from someone in the states that he has a b*stard son living in "Queens", New York. This son in Queens is a charismatic, broke street hustler (similar to Eddie's character from Trading Places). Let's say his mother has passed away and he has no family basically. Akeem comes to America to confirm he is indeed the father to this man, only to find out that the son he always wanted is a complete buffoon. Akeem takes his son with him back to Zamunda. We watch fukkery ensue while he vows to make his idiot son a worthy heir, while everybody in the kingdom looks on in embarrassment :scust:....The son will eventually learn, just like how Billy Ray Valentine did in Trading Places; and he'll also find love with some beautiful chick in Zamunda :yeshrug:

I don't know why I wrote all that :mjlol: but that's how I'd write a sequel :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What if it turns out that the long lost child is really Semmi’s. Arsenio probably told a few women he was the prince of Zamunda. The kid is now going around saying his father is the King of Zamunda.

that would be a GREAT curve and make sense.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lisa got tired of Zamunda and went back to Queens and didn't inform Akeem of a child :mjcry: Akeem gets his woman back and his heir :gladbron: