Official Coming 2 America Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sooo they just hired a director and put out official press releases. No release date yet but they want to start filming this year

Craig Brewer (hustle and flow, black snake moan, dolemite is my name) is directing. Kenya barris is rewriting the script by the original movie’s writers.

Eddie wanted to work with Craig again after the dolemite movie.

They want to bring everyone from the original back although the premise doesn’t quite make sense to me:

Akeem learns he has a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda.

:patrice:So a man who didn’t want to have sex with anyone besides one woman in that movie now has a long lost son?

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Sooo they just hired a director and put our official press releases. No release date yet but they want to start filming this year

Craig Brewer (hustle and flow, black snake moan, dolemite is my name) is directing. Kenya barris is rewriting the script by the original movie’s writers.

Eddie wanted to work with Craig again after the dolemite movie.

They want to bring everyone from the original back although the premise doesn’t quite make sense to me:

Akeem learns he has a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda.

:patrice:So a man who didn’t want to have sex with anyone besides one woman in that movie now has a long lost son?

Maybe one of the "bathers" fled to America

lyfzoivj3tdabdj1nofs.jpg

Or.....

Akeem did smash Lisa's thot sister at some point. She indeed was an easy smash...
Screen-Shot-2015-08-11-at-11.12.08-AM.png

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe one of the "bathers" fled to America

lyfzoivj3tdabdj1nofs.jpg

Or.....

Akeem did smash Lisa's thot sister at some point. She indeed was an easy smash...
Screen-Shot-2015-08-11-at-11.12.08-AM.png

As a joke that’s funny lol. But as some actual character work that’s awful:russ:

It feels like a complete retcon of everything known about the dude from the first movie just to shoehorn a sequel when there’s a much easier entry way and reason for him to go back to America without changing who he was in the first movie

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
What if it turns out that the long lost child is really Semmi’s. Arsenio probably told a few women he was the prince of Zamunda. The kid is now going around saying his father is the King of Zamunda.

But all seriousness. This sounds like a terrible idea, not only the long lost son idea but a sequel all together. Please leave this classic alone.